TAISHAN 324 30HP 4WD CHINESE TRACTOR

/ TAISHAN 324 30HP 4WD CHINESE TRACTOR #1  

AIRBUSCAPTAIN

Tractor
TAISHAN 324
I HAVE A FRIEND WITH AN OLD TAISHAN 324 30HP 4WD TRACTOR. I DO NOT KNOW THE YEAR BUT IF I HAD TO GUESS IT WOULD BE FROM THE
1960'S. WHERE MAY I FIND A PARTS SUPPLIER AND A SHOP MANUAL FOR THIS POOR OLD GIRL TO GET ER GOING AGAIN?
THANKS, ERIC

/ TAISHAN 324 30HP 4WD CHINESE TRACTOR #2  
You might try Chip at Artrac Tractors. He may be able to get you a manual if you give him the serial numbers of both the tractor and the engine.

If you think it looks like its from the 60's it's probably from the 90's - these Chinese tractors look a lot like American tractor technology from the 50's and 60's. I don't think they were importing them back then.

Rich

Last edited:
   / TAISHAN 324 30HP 4WD CHINESE TRACTOR #3  
You sure it's not a Tytan 324?

//greg//

/ TAISHAN 324 30HP 4WD CHINESE TRACTOR #4  
Not sure, but something I read somewhere led me to think that Taishan is what Kama was called before it became Kama. Or perhaps that they were two names for the same company in Shandong, China. You could probably Google it up; I'm sure that's how I came across it.

Rich

/ TAISHAN 324 30HP 4WD CHINESE TRACTOR #5  
No Rich, I thought you realized that I currently own both a KAMA and a TaiShan. TaiShan is a subsidiary of KAMA, much the same as Chevy is a subsidiary of General Motors. My 35hp TS354C is sorta like a little cousin to my larger KM454. But to my knowledge, there were no 30 hp TaiShans, nor any 324 TaiShans imported to the US. But there WAS a Tytan 324 (and still is a Tytan 334). I believe Tytans are re-badged Benye tractors.

//greg//

/ TAISHAN 324 30HP 4WD CHINESE TRACTOR #6  
Greg,

Yes, I'm aware that you own those tractors, but I figured the OP could probably read the legend on the tractor and get it right and thus really was asking about a Taishan. Nothing I saw said that the OP is in the US, either. People from all over use this forum and I have no idea where/when Taishan tractors have been sold. As noted, I was only passing along something I recalled from Googling around. Didn't intend to cause any confusion.

Rich

/ TAISHAN 324 30HP 4WD CHINESE TRACTOR
THANK YOU ALL FOR THE REPLIES. I WILL TRY TO ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS IN THIS ONE POST THAT I RECEIVED ON THE TAISHAN 324 TRACTOR.

I HAVE SPOKE WITH CHIP AT "ARCTRAC" IN ARKANSAS AND HAVE YET TO GET BAKE TO HIM ON THIS INFO. I HAVE ALSO MADE CONTACT WITH A MR. FRANK HONG, SALES MANGAGER, AT THE Shantuo Agricultural Machinery Equipment Co., Ltd. IN CHINA. HE IS ALSO WAITING MY REPLY ON THE INFO BELOW.

THE FRONT OF THE HOOD/BONNET (DEPENDING ON WHAT ENGLISH YOU SPEAK) HAS THE "TS" SYMBOL YOU SEE ON MOST TAISHAN TRACTORS. LOOKS THE SAME AS THE "TS" SYMBOL ON NEWER TRACTORS.
THE NUMBER STENCILED ON BOTH SIDES OF THE HOOD/BONNET IS UNMISTAKEABLY THE NUMBER "324". NOT 304 OR 354 BUT "324". I AGREE WITH ALL OF YOU, THE RESEARCH I HAVE DONE ON THE INTERNET DOES NOT INDICATE A 324 ANYWHERE I HAVE LOOKED. HOWEVER I IS CLEAR THAT THE NUMBER IS "324". THE ONLY NUMBERS I AM ABLE TO COME UP WITH OFF THE ENGINE BLOCK ARE ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE BLOCK AND THEY ARE CAST UPSIDE DOWN AS THE TRACTOR SITS. THEY ARE EITHER |47|30I or 147|30I. THE FIRST CHARACTER IS SOMEWHAT TALLER THAN THE 4 AND 7 SO IT COULD BE A VERTICAL BAR AND NOT A NUMBER ONE. THE LETTER "I" IS CLEAR BUT AGAIN IT IS SOMEWHAT TALLER THAN THE NUMBERS 30. I CAN ONLY ASSUME IT IS A CAPITAL LETTER "I" BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT I LOOKS LIKE. I ALSO FOUND UPSIDE DOWN NUMBERS ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE GEAR BOX. THOSE NUMBERS ARE 577329. THE ONLY NUMBER THAT IS NOT CLEAR IS THE 2. SO THAT IS SOMEWHAT AND ASSUMPTION. THE OTHER NUMBERS ARE CLEAR. I HAVE LOOK ALL OVER THE BLOCK, SHORT OF DISMANTALING THE ENGINE, TO FIND ANY MORE NUMBERS. IF ANYONE KNOW WHERE ELSE TO LOOK PLEASE LET ME KNOW. ALSO, THE GUY I GOT THE TRACTOR FROM SAYS IT MAY HAVE BEEN BROUGHT IN BACK WHEN CHINESE TRACTORS WHERE NOT SOLD HERE IN THE US, GREY MARKET I GUESS THEY CALL IT.

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND EXPERTISE.

REGARDS
ERIC

P.S. I HAVE SOME PHOTOS OF THE TAISHAN 324 (OR SO I THINK IT TO BE A 324) AND WILL POST THEM WHEN I CAN GET THEM DOWN LOADED ON MY COMPUTER.

ERIC

HERE ARE SOME PHOTOS OF THE INFAMOUS (OR NOT SO INFAMOUS) TAISHAN 324 30HP 4WD TRACTOR. I HAVE HAD ANOTHER THOUGHT, SINCE THIS WAS SUPPOSEDLY A "GREY MARKET TRACTOR" MAY SOMEONE INTENTIONALY PUT A DIFFERENT STENCIL NUMBE ON THE HOOD/BONNET FOR SOME REASON. JUST A THOUGHT.

ERIC

Attachments

• 100_3825.jpg
    100_3825.jpg
    571.9 KB · Views: 597
  • 100_3826.jpg
    100_3826.jpg
    568 KB · Views: 2,494
  • 100_3827.jpg
    100_3827.jpg
    805.5 KB · Views: 798
  • 100_3828.jpg
    100_3828.jpg
    597.6 KB · Views: 1,822
   / TAISHAN 324 30HP 4WD CHINESE TRACTOR #10  
Interesting. Looks like a 300 series frame with a 2-cylinder motor in it. Maybe that's where the 324 designation originates - 3oo series, 2 cyl motor, coulda hadda 4? :) I'd guess it means more like 300 series frame, 2-cyl (20 hp) motor, 4-wheel drive, though. There's plenty of room left in that frame for a bigger 3 or 4-cylinder engine it looks like.

The hood/bonnet badge and decal both look "factory", and the thing appears to have a ROPS, so I'd guess it's from the 90's - probably early 90's. Other than that, I'd be purely guessing. Greg may have more ideas since he's more familiar with the Taishans.

Rich