Foton 25 jumps out of 4 wheel drive

/ Foton 25 jumps out of 4 wheel drive #1  

redgreen

Tractor
massey 65 B275
I have a friend with a Foton 25 that jump out of 4 wheel drive when he lets out the clutch has anyone had the same problem.

/ Foton 25 jumps out of 4 wheel drive #2  
Don't know if this helps or not but I'm having a little trouble moving from 2 to 4 wheel drive with the lever down by the leg. I have worked on it a bit underneath to see if it was sticking. I think there is some adjustment there if I'm not mistakin. In the winter I was having trouble going from 2 to 4 wheel drive now in the summer it's the other way around and I'm going to have a closer look at it. Maybe in your case when you let out the clutch that lever is slipping and popping it out of 4 wheel. Just a thought.

/ Foton 25 jumps out of 4 wheel drive #3  
Greetings, He isn't getting all the way into 4 wheel drive. It has been a couple years, lets see, I got it to go into 4wd with the lever off, then reinstalled the pull lever and it has worked ever since. I did have the top off. Can't remember exactly. I think the linkage was hitting something.

Richard

/ Foton 25 jumps out of 4 wheel drive #4  
I have a friend with a Foton 25 that jump out of 4 wheel drive when he lets out the clutch has anyone had the same problem.

Could be that one or both of the couplings that lock together is loose or bent, or the sliding part is not allowing the parts to fully couple. My first question would be is he using the clutch when putting it into 4x4, or does it just come out while he is using the clutch to shift?
If he is using the clutch for 4x4, then he is wasting his time, he dosnt need to, and it probably isn't going into 4WD at all. You just pull on and hold pressure on the lever while rolling. When the coupling lines up, it should slide right in... If it is engaging, it probably isn't in fully, or he is bumping the lever when he pushes the clutch.

/ Foton 25 jumps out of 4 wheel drive #5  
Ron, Been away for a while[ from the forum]. With the enging idling I pull the it into 4wd. I don't try to do it with the clutch. He never came back on to tell us what he found! Too bad.

Richard

/ Foton 25 jumps out of 4 wheel drive #6  
Sorry.. been away for a while.... re-building a house y'see.

Relax: it's not a big problem.

Firstly, the reason it drops out of 4WD when he de-clutches is because there is no more load on the dog-linkage... letting the selector lever succumb to gravity.

Have a look at this link:

I've taken photos from the Foton Parts catalogue that came with my FT254

IMG_0993.JPG

IMG_0995.JPG

Follow the 4WD selector toggle to the linkage on the transmission under the footplate. Get your mate to pull it up and down: you'll see two detent holes (in part 1) into which a ball (part 2) should seat to maintain the selected position.

The Lever (part 4.2) has a threaded hole running though it, and further into the hole, a brass lining (4.1). My guess is that the bolt (part 7) that should keep the spring (3) and ball in place has dropped out.

You'll need to find a new ball and spring that slip neatly into the hole, and pop in a new nut and bolt to keep them in place.

Don't forget to grease it...

Have fun.

(When this happened to mine, I used a bungee to hold the selector up in 4WD)

All the best from Sweden,

/Nick

/ Foton 25 jumps out of 4 wheel drive #7  
Just realised that this we RedGreen's only post...

..so I've E-mailed him to let him know there are multiple answers waiting for him.

Time to head on out and plough more snow :)