4 wheel drive not working

/ 4 wheel drive not working #1  

robert421960

Silver Member
Tractor
2014 Kubota L3301
ok guys heres another problem
2006 farmpro 2425
i almost always have to ues 4wd here at my home in se ky but the other day i was bushogging up at my dads house and took it into 2wd so i came to a wet area and went back to 4wd but it didnt work
the lever works fine but front tires dont pull
i came home and pulled cover over shifter and examined it all
seems to be working fine and engaging inside there
i left the cover off and started the tractor and used the fel to raise front tires off the ground
moving tractor back and forth
i watched the lower gear appear to work fine
so tell me am i thinking right here?
what is the cover over im assuming drive shaft?
is there a shear pin or something like it?

/ 4 wheel drive not working #2  
The driveshaft probably disengaged inside the cover. No shear pin, it's held in place on both ends with steel balls under spring tension. Be careful when you remove the cover, some folks get surprised when the balls roll out - and they end up getting lost. The balls that is. There's an exploded diagram in the parts manual that might help make more sense of that to you.

//greg//

Last edited:
   / 4 wheel drive not working #3  
The front drive shaft is coupled to the transfer case using ball bearing balls in spline grooves on the shaft end. They sometimes just pop out for no reason. You carefully open it up and pop them back in. You need t look at the picture of it in the manual to understand what you're dealing with.

Rich

/ 4 wheel drive not working
thanks guys ill check this out tonight i hope
ill let you know how it goes

well i got my owners manuel out (nothing there)
got my parts list out and foud the exploded view
was really hard to tell where things fit on a pic like that
so i went out to my gravel parking area and carefully started taking the sleeve apart
lo and behold these 4 little balls fell on the gravel:( but i got a magnet and found them lucily:thumbsup:
there is one ring that i assume the sleeve holds against the balls?
there was also half a ring laying in the sleeve

/ 4 wheel drive not working #7  
well then i must not have it right
i only had 4 balls come out and did not take it all apart
i guess i need to look into it farther
can i buy these balls locally?

/ 4 wheel drive not working #10  
Most of the time the circlip breaks and the ball bearings will fall out,there are 6-ball bearings for each end make sure they are all there or you are going to damage your 4 x 4 shaft

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales
"Your Jinma Parts Superstore"
Home of compact Jinma, Foton, and Koyker Tractors and Parts, Wood Chippers, Backhoes - Affordable Tractor Sales Company

dang ya beat me to it tommy:

I wanted to say yea you found 4 of the 6 in there! :eek:. It seems no matter when I drop something on the ground it could be the liberty bell and it will vanish on the gravel drive! :(

Mark