3 Point bushings

/ 3 Point bushings #1  

markh1

Bronze Member
Tractor
2003 Jinma 284LE Y385T
As you are sitting on the tractor my left 3 point arm is leaking. I have the arm off and also the back. Does anyone know how to get the bushings in and out?
I have a 3 point lift kit to put in does anybody have that process documented

/ 3 Point bushings
I have the 3 point arms off. I didn't know about the set screw but I will look when I get home. I haven't taken out the seals I wanted to find out how to remove the bushings before I started.

Thanks,
Mark

/ 3 Point bushings
When I took the seat off to get to the set screws 1 of them was loose. I tightened it and the shaft didn't have any play then. Going to put fluid in to see if it leaks before replacing the bushing and oil seal.

Mark

/ 3 Point bushings #5  
Make sure the little air breather pipe in the fill plug isn't stopped up. That can make oil come out the set screws.

Pat

/ 3 Point bushings #6  
When I took the seat off to get to the set screws 1 of them was loose. I tightened it and the shaft didn't have any play then. Going to put fluid in to see if it leaks before replacing the bushing and oil seal.

Mark

Hey Mark,

any news on this issue?
i have the same problem and i am pleased to know if your leak and slack stops after you tighten up the set screw.

Best Regards
Nuno

/ 3 Point bushings #7  
My set screws leaked and would work loose so I took them out and wrapped them with Teflon tape like it was a plumbing fitting. Put them back in and they now stay put and do not leak.

Chris

/ 3 Point bushings
When I put fluid back in the tractor it was leaking. I drained it and when I took the back cover off the bushing was loose. The photo shows the bushing was bad. I replaced the bushing, oil leaf and oil seal. Filled it back up with hydraulic oil and it sat for 2 days and didn't leak. When mowing I was using the 3 point and the next day still no leak. The next time I mowed the next morning there was hydraulic oil on the floor and it was leaking a lot. I don't know if the outer side of the seal is to keep debri out or to help keep the oil in. The seal that was in there originially was a 60 42 8 and the seal I replaced it with is a 60 42 10. You can see the difference in the oil seals in the 2 pictures. The outer lip of the 60 42 10 seal doesn't cover the splines on the shaft but I don't know if that would cause a problem. I used locktite on the set screws.

Mark

Attachments

• Bushing.JPG
    Bushing.JPG
    490.8 KB · Views: 179
  • Leaking Side.JPG
    Leaking Side.JPG
    737 KB · Views: 189
  • Oil Seals.JPG
    Oil Seals.JPG
    402.1 KB · Views: 176
  • Non Leaking Side.JPG
    Non Leaking Side.JPG
    780.7 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
   / 3 Point bushings #9  
That's curious. My book shows the seal to be 42x62x10

//greg//

Last edited:
   / 3 Point bushings
My mistake measurements are 42x62x8 and 42x62x10. My book says 42x62x10.

Mark