nortrac dozer need help with a repair

/ nortrac dozer need help with a repair #31  
I forget... why are there no photos??? :laughing:

/ nortrac dozer need help with a repair
Teg, I should have taken some photos of the repair but with all the rain I just wanted it back together. It's been doing great, now I have a new issue, while running the old hein werner{excavator} I heard a bang and then oil went flying everywhere :(

It is an old machine and I knew it might have been a gamble. It's been running great, has a couple small hydraulic leaks on the cylinders, nothing terrible. It has the old detroit screamer engine in it, 6 cylinder. It was getting dark so I couldn't get a good look to see what happened.

/ nortrac dozer need help with a repair #35  
I sailed on a ship that had a 6-71 75 kW ship's service generator. It ran for 27 days carrying a 60 kW load - with a broken crankshaft and a small vibration we couldn't figure out until we disassembled it. Maybe yours had a small vibration too.
:laughing:

Maybe yours had a small vibration too.
:laughing:

:laughing: :laughing:

I'm hoping I can get a good look at it in a day or 2. I still have some nice weather so I'm going to keep working on the pond with the dozer, trailer, and mini excavator. Maybe the hein werner won't be too big a deal :drool: {wishfull thinking}. Those old detroits were built pretty tough, and I'm sure this machine has done more then its fair share of digging over the years.

Got a chance to take a look, found a hole in the side of the engine block right behind/next to the starter :(

/ nortrac dozer need help with a repair #38  
Sure enough, yours had a small vibration, too. Bummer!

Rich