Jinma 284 ignition switch

/ Jinma 284 ignition switch #1  

meporsche

Hello,

Once again my ignition switch does not work. It has self-healed in the past but now, nothing. It's getting annoying starting it with a screwdriver. Is there a swap in ign switch from a more reliable mfgr, or am I stuck buying another Jinma POS switch?

Thanks,

Darwin

/ Jinma 284 ignition switch #2  
Absolutely. The document is old, but I've uploaded a copy anyway. And I've got an extra one of those switches if you're interested.

//greg//

Attachments

• Ford switch.pdf
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,133
   / Jinma 284 ignition switch #3  
Have you ruled out the clutch safety switch? It wont turn over unless the clutch safety switch is closed. There could also be a corroded fuse that supplies power to the switch or starter solenoid circuit, might be worth removing and cleaning every fuse just to make sure that's not a problem. Attached is a pic of the "Ford" switch to supliment the info Greg supplied. Google search part# E7NN11N501AB to find a supplier. Nice of Greg to offer his spare switch. A bunch of us on another forum upgraded our switches along with installing Delco 12SI alternators. I bought all the swithces to send out to the members and have a few spares myself.

Larry

Attachments

• Switch Connections.jpg
    Switch Connections.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 14,221
  • Switches.JPG
    Switches.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 1,184
   / Jinma 284 ignition switch #4  
Followup...

This is the best supplier with the lowest price and most reasonable shipping I could find...
CLICK HERE scroll down and find part # E7NN11N501AB

Pin / connection
1 / Off connect to hot (+12 )
2 / For tractor power (Lights, gauges) + any accy's.
3 / To glow plugs
4 / To alternator field winding (provided you upgraded to the Delco 12SI)
5 / Starter solenoid (through clutch safety switch)

Here are the contacts vs key position:
Key position starting all the way CCW

Key Position 0 - 4
0 - OFF (no connection) except +12 to pin 1 of the switch
1 - (1 click CW) Pin 1+2 (Tractor lights and gauges only)
2 - (2 clicks CW) Pin 1+2+4 (Delco Alternator 12SI field energize) + Tractor power, lights, gauges + any accys).
3 - (3 clicks CW Spring return back to 2) 1+3 (Glow Plugs only)
4 - (4 clicks CW Spring return back to 2) 1+3+5 (start+glow plugs)

Of particular note - this switch is one of few were glow plugs are hot at same time starter is engaged. The OEM switches do not do that so it's a definite advantage to have one of these switches installed (provided you have glow plugs).

Larry