Tractor Kits

/ Tractor Kits #1  

damnyankee

Tractor
Still searching
I'm sure I'm missing it but could someone provide me some websites where I can purchase a chinese tracotr in kit form.
Thanks In Advance,
Adam

/ Tractor Kits #2  
Here is a dealer list that I put together for the Jinma Chinese Tractor. http://johnstractor.homestead.com/files/JinmaDealerPage.htm

Tractor Outlet delivers to any US location, in crate form. They also provide an assembly video. Many of the smaller dealers will also deliver in crate form. You will need to call and ask them, talk about support, delivery charges, and what instructions are provided.

Also, peruse my website for other info on Jinma tractors, to make sure its the right tractor for you. Also, check-out the Chinese Tractor Owners Assoc board. You will find link on my website.

/ Tractor Kits #3  
John,
Any info on China Best?......They seem to have good prices on their site.

Jerry

/ Tractor Kits #4  
They are an exporter, not a tractor dealer. The prices are similar to what a dealer would pay for small quantity tractors. I believe a couple of guys that frequent the CTOA board are working with Chinas Best. One should have their tractor soon, so should be able pipe up on their experience. Most exporters are not interested in small quantities, anymore. They look for a minimum of a 20' container. Chinas Best is one of the few that seem to be still doing this.

In general, importing in small quantities for oneself has additional risk associated with it. You need to get a customs broker or do all the paperwork yourself, fill-out EPA forms, and pay all related warehouse, transportation, dock/handling fees, etc. Also keep in mind, that most exporters do not keep any stock of parts. Dealers get warrantee parts sent in their next shipment, you would most likely have to pay the high cost of shipping to get them. Sometimes its more than what the part cost, and you have to wait months, for it. Many still use the 1999 and less than 25hp exemption on the EPA form. This is a risky choice. The chinese seem to have an endless supply of these pre-built engines, and its highly rumored that they are misslabeled. There is another valid exemption on the form, but requires additional paperwork and labeling. I found the EPA was very difficult to get answers from, and most just pointed back to their website. Exporters also provide very little, and most likely no support for problems, and how to fix them.

For most DIYers, I would not recommend self-importing. You do save money, but it can be allot of hassle, and if an inspection is done at customs, you tractor maybe tied up for a good deal of time, and if the EPA paperwork is not correct, subject to some significant fines. Most are better served by getting a crate tractor from a reputable dealer. A crate tractor can save you around $500-$1000.