Price Check Kama TS254c - what's it worth?

/ Kama TS254c - what's it worth? #1  

TonyMcD

Tractor
1981 Case 224, 1980 Yardman 16/16, 2012 Craftsman YT3000
Thinking of selling my Kama TS254c
It's 4 wd, with a 25 hp 3 cylinder diesel.
It has an AccuTech loader and I think it's a 5' box scraper.
It has 250 hours on it. Bought it new 6 or 7 years ago.
Replaced the clutch,throwout bearing, and injector pump in it early on.
This one has blue paint, and it's getting faded.
The tractor sets outside, but does get covered up in the winter.

Since we got our property cleared, I only use it for smoothing
the driveway, and snow removal, and I have a smaller tractor
to do that with.

Any idea what it's worth?
Thanks,
Tony

/ Kama TS254c - what's it worth? #2  
In that condition I am not sure but I would not pay more than $5000 for it and would plan on a paint job.

Chris

/ Kama TS254c - what's it worth? #3  
   / Kama TS254c - what's it worth? #4  
Inexpensive tractors with front loaders seem to be in short supply. We have sold several chinese (Jinma/KAMA even Rhino) loader tractors in fair, fully operational condition for around 5 to 6K in the past year and they sell very quickly. We maintain a good stock of parts for the KAMA tractors. The Accutech loader has been out of production for several years, but as I recall it was an "all rubber hose" design so is probably pretty generic in hydraulic parts.

/ Kama TS254c - what's it worth? #5  
If you can use a yardstick, I'm trading my tractors in on a new John Deere this month. Dealer allowed $5500 for the TS354C w/Koyker loader (~400 hours). That's the 4 cylinder version of your tractor. Granted, tractor prices vary by region. But consider that trade-in values are demonstrably lower than retail.

//greg//

/ Kama TS254c - what's it worth?
Thanks a lot for the replies.
The tractor runs and works great.
If I decide to sell it, we'll price it at $6k

It wouldn't be too big a job to repaint the hood and fenders.
I could do that, and make some new decals for it...since I have a sign shop.
The paint wasn't that great when it was new, there were some scuffs
in it from the crate or something rubbing. Nice paint might make it sell better.

/ Kama TS254c - what's it worth? #7  
Since you have a sign shop you're equipped to do the paint job correctly and you'd probably recoup the expense in improved sale price. Shouldn't take more than half a day to prep and shoot a couple good coats of acrylic enamel on it and have it spiffy-looking again. A detail gun with some black for the running gear touch-up and you're done! Amazing what a difference it makes - I've increased the trade-in value of a few cars this way very successfully.

Good luck with it! Let us know how it comes out.

Rich

/ Kama TS254c - what's it worth? #9  
If you can use a yardstick, I'm trading my tractors in on a new John Deere this month.

Going for the full meal hydrostatic deal I'll bet. Can't blame you. ;):D:thumbsup:

/ Kama TS254c - what's it worth? #10  
Going for the full meal hydrostatic deal I'll bet. Can't blame you. ;):D:thumbsup:
Yeah, it's a inter-cooled turbo 3720 with cab and loader. eHydro is the only tranny you can get with it. Three ranges I think.

I use my KM454 on my own property, and let an old fella down the hill use the TS354C on his. But he's at the point in life where he shouldn't be behind the wheel of anything anymore. So I'm getting rid of a 45hp utility and a 35hp CUT w/loader - both open station tractors - in favor of a 43hp CUT with cab and loader. That way I can run down the hill and do his work for him, without regard to weather conditions

//greg//