Comparison Secondary clutch linkage on Foton TE254

/ Secondary clutch linkage on Foton TE254
Hey quaddog,
The service manual I have is the one supplied with the tractor and is labelled "Operation and Maintenance Manual" , its from Foton and is about 70 pages long. If you don't have this book I could send you a copy as I have it electronically too. I use this in conjunction with the parts manual, but its a task to understand some of the chinese-english. I had the same issue that I think you have so if you want we can talk through it to the resolution I found for my tractor. The PTO should be able to shift smoothly with the engine running without grinding. All my clutch linkage was used up so I ended up adjusting the clutch itself through the RH inspection window which is under the FEL mount and cab mount. The guys on these forums were a great help in finding the solution. :confused2:

Darryl

Labrador, NL

/ Secondary clutch linkage on Foton TE254 #12  
Greetings, I've taken that linkage apart when repairing the transmission tower, replacing and secruing bolts,.

I have the manual you refered to, mine has about 61 pages.

In your Avatar there is a tractor blowing snow, is that your Foton? We still have a great amount of snow here in the mountains.

Richard

Hi There,

Yes thats my Foton tractor blowing snow at the cottage.
here's a link to a couple of videos of it I made tormenting my father to get one of his own.

YouTube - TE254 beautiful
YouTube - FotonTE254B64.wmv

Mine is a 2008 and I have 304 hrs on it.
Spring has not hit Labrador yet. tonight its -22 with windchill of -36 and we still have 5 feet of snow on the ground. :thumbsup:

/ Secondary clutch linkage on Foton TE254 #14  
hi darryl
thanks for the responce.i guess i have the same owners manual,but not the parts manual. if you could steer me to obtaining the parts script,it would be gold to me..i have been into the clutch housing inspection hole(not much room to work for an O.A.P.)) i have to take the support tower for the front end loader off to gain access. do we have the single or dual acting clutch? am i to assume if i can get the adjustment as per diamentions in my chinese english manual ,the engagement of the clutch drive and the p.t.o will work properly.
darryl is there a way i can email u directly.thanks for your time,i allways think anbody with a tractor has lots to do besides helping me with my delemas...
b.f.n. t.w. cowichan lake

you can email me at vo2et@hotmail.com
I can scan and send you pertinent pages from my parts manual and give you more info.

Glad to see the clutch problem solved. For those reading this thread I emailed quaddog and brought him up to speed on the clutch adjustment process. Seems to have solved the issue of the PTO clutch not disengaging. :)