Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    JD3720 Cab, 300X loader with 4-in-1 bucket

Default Re: WIRING PROBLEM FOR RHINO 224 JINMA TRACTOR

Quote Originally Posted by rhino224ky View Post
    Have a problem with my tractor.
    Clarification please. Is it a Rhino 224, or is it a Jinma 224?

//greg//
    USN (Ret)
    Former Chinese tractor owner (x4)
    Current John Deere owner

Platinum Member

Cleaned up pretty good, too bad it wasn't a bit more useful LOL. It is a good example of a pitiful schematic.....Mike

Mike,
    You might take another look at the schematic. I do not believe that there is a wire that goes directly from the battery to the (ignition) switch.

Rhino,
    I am attaching some wiring information on my Jinma in the hope that it might help you.
    The information in Black is sure. That shown in Red are areas that I have not needed to take the time to figure out. As you can tell this is a work-in-progress.
    RonJ
    Last edited by erj; 12-21-2010 at 05:08 AM. Reason: correct typing
    2006 Jinma 284, Coldwater FEL, JW03 Backhoe, 5' Box Blade

Platinum Member

I do not believe that there is a wire that goes directly from the battery to the (ignition) switch
    You're right, I looked at the glow plugs and mistook them for the battery, how?, senior moment......Mike

Tractor
    Rhino 224

Its a 1995 Rhino 224 (4x4) is there a difference between the rhino and jinma tractors?? Considering that it was made by jinma from what i gather and sold under the rhino name from a washington company if im right ....?? IDK though maybe im wrong if I am then cool. But I need some serious help... thank you

Tractor

Its a 1995 Rhino 224 (4x4) is there a difference between the rhino and jinma tractors??
    Well, it's something you need to confirm. Pretty sure there were a goodly number of Rhinos made by Benye. Hopefully the engine plate and tractor plate are still attached. That's about the only way to make sure.

//greg//
    USN (Ret)
    Current John Deere owner

Tractor
    2008-09 Jinma 284

Have a problem with my tractor. Will not turn over after replacing the switch, voltage reg. Alternator, battery and SEVERAL bus fuses. Thinking of replacing fuse panel to new up to date fuses. But need a wiring diagram for it so if n e 1 can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you
    I am not sure what the problem is?
    did you have a starter problem and then replaced all the items listed or did you replace the items and now the starter will not work?

All starters systems work the same on all vehicles, from a tractor to an airplane, the only difference will be the amount of safety switches they incorporate, like the clutch safety switch.

from the battery the cable will goto one side of the starter solenoid, a jumper wire from that point will goto 1 fuse in the block and then to the amp meeter (if you have one), to the ignition switch, and is HOT all the time no matter where the key position is. unless the fuss is blown, this can be tested with a 12 volt test light. with the key in the on position the rest of the fuse block will be energized and the other circuits will come to life. With the key turn to the start position a wire from the ignition switch goes to the clutch safety switch and then to the small post on the starter solenoid, which will energizes a magnetic field, and pulls a plunger making contact with two post one going to the battery, and one going to the starter motor, at the same time the plunger will push the Bendix gear into the fly wheel to turn the engine over.

Testing the starter

looking at the back of the solenoid you should see three posts two large size and one small size. the two large size, one connect to the battery, and one to the starter motor. by jumping these to post the starter motor will turn over without turning the engine over, it will just spin. if it does not turn over the starter need to be repaired or replaced. To test the solenoid use a jumper wire from the battery side of the solenoid to the small post on the back and if everything is good it will turn over the engine, and start, so make sure you have it in neutral. If the solenoid just clicks and you know the stater motor works then replace the solenoid.

I hope this helps
    2008 Jinma 284
    Just a dumb mechanic

Tractor
    Rhino 224

Okay here is how everything went down and the process of things replaced and when.

Late fall 2009 replaced starter due to issues with orginal not working right ( hit and miss starting) Replaced with new starter and had no issues dropped it in and ran it until late spring. Once I shut it down after an afternoon of bush hogging to get some lunch I turned key off and pulled choke plug to shut the engine down.
    Now is when the problems started. I let it sit until I had time and money to dive into the problems. Okay first thing replaced was the key ignition switch because I wasnt getting power to anything when turned to the on position. I redneck guessed it and said well since the hour meter is not getting power to click the hours away and I have power to the fuse panel, i figured it was the ignition switch. So replaced it with Universal ignition switch from tractor supply as refered by a dealer to get part number #1831705(tractor supply number). Now this is where I dont know exactly where the wires went from plug to plug . I know the rhino switch was 1,2,3,4 and thats all Now of course I used a multimeter and made sure I knew which was hot and which wasn't. So tried to crank and nothing.
    I called FARMBOY's in tennesse and talk with the owner who is also the shop lead. So I was advised to check the voltage regulator. Did that and it was FRIED I mean two of the coils inside of it appeared to have been melted into blobs of metal. So I called and told farmboys what I had discovered and was told to have the alternator tested to see if the alternator had been affected by the voltage reg. going out. It was actually a death blow to the regulator. Not a thing inside the alternator was worth a crap. Brushes wore, post were rusted loose on the inside and the copper coils were burnt in place so replace the alternator and the voltage regulator at the same time. Bought both brand new from FARMBOYS... So once everything had been replaced and I went to start it......NOTHING!!!
    I mean nothing I could have had a brain fart bigger then what happened when I turned the key. So I looked for blown fuses and found two. The main line fuse had blown and the fuse directly above it. So replaced with the recommended glass bus fuses. Then I turned the key again and it blew the main line fuse. So that is the point I am at now, I figure I have a dead short some where and I can't find it, Or I have the wires hooked up wrong on the ignition switch. So that is the reason I need to know what the wires are for 1,2,3 and 4. I forgot to mark which wire came from which so If someone I mean ANYONE can take a picture of the back of there switch (CHINA switch for a rhino or jinma if it matters ) and send it to me in this post or in my mail on here so I can get it hooked up right and eliminate another problem on the road to running again that would be great. If I could I need to know the colors of the wires as the run to the switch positions of 1,2,3,4. Thanks a million and If you can think of anything else that could be causing this not to run I appreciate it.

BTW I have a new fuse block and I am about to replace the old bus for the newer prong style plug fuses.

Tractor

To start with, you bought the wrong keyswitch. #1831705 might be universal for gasoline engines, but it can't handle your glow plugs. I suggest you get a proper cold start switch, and start over.

The TSC website doesn't list one, but others have said that some stores do in fact carry them. It will have 7 terminals on the back (two are doubles) and 5 switch positions: Off/Acc/On/Heat/Start (not necessarily in that order), and will have a part number something like E7NN11N501AB. It will look like this one: FORD IGNITION SWITCH 2910 3910 4610 7700 7810 7910 8210 - eBay (item 360236840478 end time Jan-15-11 13:17:19 PST)

//greg//
    USN (Ret)
    Current John Deere owner

Tractor
    Rhino 224

Okay So I am going to order the new cold start switch from farmboys and Install it with-in the next 2 weeks. I will update once it has been completed..... Hopefully this works!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast