Jinma Key Switch replacement From NAPA?

/ Jinma Key Switch replacement From NAPA? #1  

bjr

Veteran Member
Tractor
Jinma JM354
My JM 354 key switch finally went out. What's the Ford Key Switch replacement part No.? My engine is the TY395 with glow plugs. Can I get this Ford crossover switch at NAPA?. bjr

/ Jinma Key Switch replacement From NAPA? #2  
   / Jinma Key Switch replacement From NAPA? #3  
I've never seen one at NAPA. But take your pick here: tractor cold start switch - Google Product Search . Either the Ford type cold start switch or the Massey Ferguson type will work. If you can get one made by Lucas, they're the sturdiest and most reliable.

//greg//

/ Jinma Key Switch replacement From NAPA? #4  
I bought one at the New Holland dealer that worked the glow plugs etc many moons ago.

/ Jinma Key Switch replacement From NAPA? #5  
Or since keys only keep honest people out, you could just replace the key with two toggle switches, one to turn the power on, and a second with springloaded return to center to heat the glowplug and crank the starter(push down to heat plugs, pull up to crank engine). Add a flip-up guard to keep from inadvertently bumping them and you are in business...

/ Jinma Key Switch replacement From NAPA? #6  
The "NAPA" Cole-Hersee M-832 marine key switch with Push-To-Choke would be a great replacement. Merely push the key in to activate the glow plugs (I would use a relay). The glow plugs can be used in both the start and run positions. Might even be made in the USA.

/ Jinma Key Switch replacement From NAPA? #7  
I'm pretty sure the ignition switch was a crossover from a Ford 8n if I remember correctly.

/ Jinma Key Switch replacement From NAPA? #8  
If it isn't here, there probably isn't a crossover aftermarket switch.

http://www.colehersee.com/pdf/C.pdf

(Cole-Hersee is sold by NAPA, but you already knew that :))

I replaced my Jinma switch with a Cole Hersee M924. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I looked at the Hersee specs and saw the switch is a lower current unit but allows glow plug heating while starting (unlike the Jinma factory unit) so I installed a 40 amp relay. The Hersee switch is far better quality than the Jinma and the Wesco Ford switch. I initially bought a Ford switch but realized it wasn't much of an improvement over the original.

This conversion only requires one connector to be cut off the existing wiring. Since both the Jinma and Hersee switches use screw terminals very little change required.

Here's a circuit diagram of the conversion.

Attachments

• Jinma Switch.jpg
    Jinma Switch.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 24,661
  • JinmaSwitch.jpg
    JinmaSwitch.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 23,611
   / Jinma Key Switch replacement From NAPA? #9  
I replaced my Jinma switch with a Cole Hersee M924. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be.
Is that much different than the M-832? Sounds like the same thing. :D

Excellent diagram btw :thumbsup:

/ Jinma Key Switch replacement From NAPA? #10  
Is that much different than the M-832? Sounds like the same thing.

The function is the same but the 924 has a bass body and a chrome nut around the key insert. The 832 has a plastic body and a plastic nut. The 832 is made for marine salt water environment.

Thanks for the Hersee info. They really are well made.