Interior diameter of Lower rad hose on JM 354

/ Interior diameter of Lower rad hose on JM 354 #1  

Cinco

West Michigan, On the river or in the woods.
Tractor
Jinma 354
Can anyone please tell the interior diameter of the lower radiator hose on a JM 354? I want to put on a Katz water heater, but they make 3 sizes and I do not want to order the wrong one. Looking at the hose I would guess it is about 2", but they make a heater with 1.5" 1.75" and 2" fitting.

Thanks

I posted in an old thread but no one seemed to respond. I called to order one, but the dealer was unsure as well. I could just cut the darn thing and measure it, but my luck I'll get a major storm come in while its down.

/ Interior diameter of Lower rad hose on JM 354 #2  
Can anyone please tell the interior diameter of the lower radiator hose on a JM 354? I want to put on a Katz water heater, but they make 3 sizes and I do not want to order the wrong one. Looking at the hose I would guess it is about 2", but they make a heater with 1.5" 1.75" and 2" fitting.

Thanks

I posted in an old thread but no one seemed to respond. I called to order one, but the dealer was unsure as well. I could just cut the darn thing and measure it, but my luck I'll get a major storm come in while its down.

Cant you just measure the outer diameter of the piece of pipe the hose is clamped on to? This is how I did on my Mahindra.

/ Interior diameter of Lower rad hose on JM 354 #3  
I'm thinking 2" ?

Below are some pic's of the lower hose on my 2005 Jinma 354LE. Not sure if yours is the same or not??? I took these pic's when replacing the hose because it was cracked and leaking. Perhaps you can find the ID of the NAPA # 8484 hose that fits? I highly recommend replacing the hose anyway as Chinese rubber hose does not last very long.

I found a 90* NAPA hose (#8484) to replace the lower one that was leaking and cut it off to fit.

Here it is installed and no longer leaking:

As long as your at it perhaps flush out the entire cooling system, do not be "fooled" by how "clean the drained fluid appears. A thorough flushing with radiator flush will remove stubborn and stuck deposits.

Just in case you want to replace the rad cap and top hose here are some info on that:
Upon removing the radiator cap it (the cap) was all rusty and did not look so good. I removed the top and bottom radiator hoses and took them and the cap to NAPA auto parts to match up everything the best I could. I also picked up a bottle of Radiator flush and some new coolant.

Here is what the rad cap looked like next to the new NAPA 7031418 which is a perfect fit, it is a 7 psi cap and made out of Brass so it will not rust.

I drained the two year old coolant into a bucket Then flushed the snot out of the radiator and engine block with what seems like 100 gallons of fresh clean water. After replacing the hoses I added 2 gallons of water and the radiator flush solution. Then ran the tractor for about 1/2 hour smoothing out some ruts left over from this past winter. The flush solution was then drained out, see what came out -

Pretty nasty - so I flushed it again until the water was coming out clear. When draining the coolant do not be fooled by the condition of what initially comes out. It pays to use a good cooling system flush solution every two years to dissolve all the deposits that form inside the system.

I figured as long as I was going to fix the lower hose, flush and fill, I might as well replace the top hose too. Chinese rubber is total crap. Here is the Upper hose cut from a section of NAPA hose #9288. It took an hour searching through thousands of hoses to find one close that could be cut to fit.

Here it is installed along side my brand new non rusty seven pound pressure radiator cap :)

Last but not least, is to fill with the PROPER coolant in the proper dilution. Our Diesel engines are wet sleeved and MUST use SCA Coolant. DO NOT USE automotive antifreeze in a diesel engine. (SCA= Supplemental Cooling Additive)

Fleet Charge Specifications Sheet

I sure am glad that hose was leaking as it caused me to perform a radiator flush that was badly needed.

Maybe it's time to check your coolant, radiator cap, flush and fill your cooling system, then fill with fresh Fleet Charged (SCA) Antifreeze?

Larry

/ Interior diameter of Lower rad hose on JM 354 #4  
Nice write up Larry !!!!.... Good Job!!

Ronald

/ Interior diameter of Lower rad hose on JM 354 #5  
This is the specs for the NAPA 8484.

Centerline Length (in) : 20.5"
Engine Coolant Hose I.D. : 1.5"
Hose Steel Coil : No
I.D. (Inches) : 1.5"

/ Interior diameter of Lower rad hose on JM 354
With the zombie winter apocalypse in the south, it is appropriate to raise the dead.
Came back looking for info, and what do you know ran into my own thread. In search of a radiator cap, so once again your info is helpful. Will head to napa in the AM and pick one up. Hopefully it matches up. I could not use that bottom hose listed, mine was a "S" shaped hose and did not line up like that at all. My intake sits much higher than yours for some reason. I will try and take a pic tomorrow and show how it all worked out. I did add a overflow catch. Worked great for a couple years and eliminated that air pocket always present in the radiator. Until this week.... one trouble after the next. Our winter has been brutal and my poor tractor has been working hard. I am hoping this rotted out leaking rad cap is the problem, and not the dreaded head gasket or worse.
Summing up my week: headlight bulbs broke loose in cheap plastic holders, melted plastic and caught on fire. radiator cap is shot, hopefully only problem and not a head gasket. safety cut off switch that clutch contacts is water logged or fuel logged or just plain crap. Finally just cut the wires and wire nutted together to get started. O rings in fuel filter disolved. I tore that down and rebuilt it with all new rings. No leaks and and works great. BTW, there is no "reserve" on the fuel cut off on this, it is on or on, up-down, off is horizontal, but there is no reserve. To top it off, I park under a lean-to, and have to fold my ROPS down behind the tractor to fit under the roof. I was warming the tractor up and went into the garage to get something and heard the most awful crunching sound. My three point with the multi hitch was at that "just right" point and raised the hitch up, right through the roof of my ROPS. I now have a nice big hole through it. Yeah, winter can go suck eggs.

/ Interior diameter of Lower rad hose on JM 354 #7  
Winter indeed sucks. That's why I live in the Virgin Islands. Only two seasons - Hurricane season and tourist season. And we're not allowed to hunt either one. :laughing:

/ Interior diameter of Lower rad hose on JM 354
Couple of pics. Shows my lower hose, upper hose and new cap. My fun winter wiring. And the girl tucked away for the night with blankets to warm up. IMG-20140201-01342.jpgIMG-20140201-01334.jpgIMG-20140201-01335.jpgIMG-20140201-01336.jpgIMG-20140201-01337.jpgIMG-20140201-01338.jpgIMG-20140201-01339.jpgIMG-20140201-01340.jpgIMG-20140201-01341.jpgIMG-20140201-01333.jpg couple pics.