fan belt

/ fan belt #1  

kroger

Hi I Farm Pro 2420 I need a fan belt but it want go pass the pulley and frame do I need to remove the pulley to put on the fan belt

Thanks

/ fan belt #3  
it want go pass the pulley and frame
I don't understand. After loosening the pivot bolt on the alternator, the belt should come loose from both pulleys. At that point you should be able to simply slip the belt over the fan blades. Depending upon how small the belt is, you might have to do it one blade at a time. But that's how it was put on there in the first place.

//greg//

/ fan belt #4  
This will solve your problem. Vibration Free Link Belt It's better than a regular belt.

I wholeheartedly agree. It will be the last belt I bought. I even put one on the Mustang skid steer.

Belt mod.JPG

Welcome to the 21st century! :thumbsup:

/ fan belt #5  
I am with Greg. It will go, you just have to hold your tongue right.

Chris

/ fan belt #6  
I' m alongside Greg, just be sure to watch for bending the rad. fins when pulling belt past the fan tips. Some equipment is very easy to slide the belt past, bending fins on the Rad. causes several other problems later. Jy.

/ fan belt #7  
Just one of the sweet benefits of the linked belt that you gentlemen are fighting about - no need to risk damaging your radiator and skinning your knuckles. The linked belt is not new. Been in industry for many years.

Power transmission, motion transfer and conveying components from Fenner Drives

I keep forgetting the old adage: "You can bring a horse to water, but you can't make them drink it". :D

/ fan belt #8  
My belt broke today and it was shreaded does any know what lenght it is so i can go to a local auto parts and get one?
thanks

/ fan belt #9  
bigearl42 said:
My belt broke today and it was shreaded does any know what lenght it is so i can go to a local auto parts and get one?
thanks

You did not say what tractor?

Best way I have found is measure the width of the pulley then wrap a piece of string around as the belt would go and tie it off. Remove and now you have a templet to take with you.

Chris

/ fan belt #10  
thanks

Is it an "A" or "B" section belt?
What is your tractor and engine model?