Loader Hydrolic Value

/ Hydrolic Value #1  

dontn

I have a Jinma 284 with a Spirit SL-20 Loader. The tractor was purchased in 2005. It has 2 Control Levers and the Value Box pushed out from the inside cracked when the loader was removed from the tractor.

I want to replace it with a Single Joy Stick. I talked with the Surplus Center.

They asked me some questions, I can't answer.

1. Can someone tell me the GPM?

2. Is it Open Center or Closed Center?

3. If it is closed center does it have load sense?

4. What type of pump (Gear Pump)?

This is the valve I am going to order if it will work. Will I need anything else.

Surplus Center

2 SPOOL COMPACT 10 GPM JOYSTICK CONTROL VALVE

Item# 9-7401

2 SPOOL JOYSTICK LOADER CONTROL VALVE

Brand new. BRAND Model LV22RFSTKAB. Compact two spool joystick valve for operating double acting cylinders. Ideal for use on front end loaders on small to medium sized tractors, lift trucks, and other mobile equipment requiring a compact valve. The two spools can be operated independently or simultaneously depending on handle movement. First spool has regenerative feature for rapid extension of cylinder and second spool has float to allow free movement of cylinder. Open center. Optional conversion sleeve for power beyond or plug for closed center operation sold separately. Spring centering spool action with detented fourth position for float or regenerative spools.

SPECIFICATIONS
10 GPM
3000 PSI
Adjustable relief 800-3000 PSI set at 2000
Open Center Double acting
In/Out Ports SAE 8
Work Ports SAE 8
Size 5-1/2" x 2-3/8" x 17-7/8"
Shpg. 14 lbs.

/ Hydrolic Value #2  
Your tractor is OC (open center). The 9-7401 valve will work perfectly.

/ Hydrolic Value #3  
You will need the power beyond adapter. There should be a line coming in from the pump, a low pressure return to tank, and a power beyond line leading to the 3-point valve.

/ Hydrolic Value
Thanks for the information. Will I need any special adapters for the hoses? Will I need any special mounting bracket for this joystick?

/ Hydrolic Value #5  
Thanks for the information. Will I need any special adapters for the hoses? Will I need any special mounting bracket for this joystick?

What sizes are you hoses? If they are 3/8 they are dash-6, 1/2 are dash-8, ect. I am thinking that they used 3/8 hose on the working hoses and 1/2 on the on the feed and out hoses.

Something like this.
http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-5406-8-6&catname=hydraulic

If it were me I would also order 7 dash-8 to dash-6 adapters. They will be just a few buck each from SS but if you need to get them locally they more than likely will not have enough and they will be $5 or more each.

As for the mount you will have to make something up. No way around that. It could be as simple as a piece of steel and some holes drilled. You will just have to see.

Chris

/ Hydrolic Value #6  
The SAE-8 ports on the valve are common. Here is what they look like:
SAE Straight Thread O-Ring Boss Fittings | Valley Hydraulic Service, Inc.
Your old valve may have the same ports. If not, they should be pretty standard and adapters are readily available. If you can't identify the existing ports try calliing Spirit.
Spirit Implements - Millions of Tons Served It may even be best to get the valve from them along with the correct angle fittings, etc. to save a lot of headache. Check out the pic on page 4 here.
http://www.spiritmfg.com/404Mounting_Instructions.pdf

/ Hydrolic Value #7  
You will be connecting 14mm ORFS hose fittings to SAE ORB valve fittings.
You will need adapters from Ranch Hand Supply (I see Adaptall doesn't carry them anymore).
This is the same valve I used when I did the conversion on my dozer. It's a very good valve, nice and smooth, although the relief is loud. :laughing:

/ Hydrolic Value #8  
Bob:

The Spirit loaders are made in Wisconsin, I can't say for sure but I suspect they don't have the same fittings (metric ORFS) that the ZL loaders do.

/ Hydrolic Value #9  
I have a Jinma 284 with a Spirit SL-20 Loader. The tractor was purchased in 2005. It has 2 Control Levers and the Value Box pushed out from the inside cracked when the loader was removed from the tractor.

I want to replace it with a Single Joy Stick. I talked with the Surplus Center.

They asked me some questions, I can't answer.

1. Can someone tell me the GPM?

2. Is it Open Center or Closed Center?

3. If it is closed center does it have load sense?

4. What type of pump (Gear Pump)?

This is the valve I am going to order if it will work. Will I need anything else.

Surplus Center

2 SPOOL COMPACT 10 GPM JOYSTICK CONTROL VALVE

Item# 9-7401

2 SPOOL JOYSTICK LOADER CONTROL VALVE

Brand new. BRAND Model LV22RFSTKAB. Compact two spool joystick valve for operating double acting cylinders. Ideal for use on front end loaders on small to medium sized tractors, lift trucks, and other mobile equipment requiring a compact valve. The two spools can be operated independently or simultaneously depending on handle movement. First spool has regenerative feature for rapid extension of cylinder and second spool has float to allow free movement of cylinder. Open center. Optional conversion sleeve for power beyond or plug for closed center operation sold separately. Spring centering spool action with detented fourth position for float or regenerative spools.

SPECIFICATIONS
10 GPM
3000 PSI
Adjustable relief 800-3000 PSI set at 2000
Open Center Double acting
In/Out Ports SAE 8
Work Ports SAE 8
Size 5-1/2" x 2-3/8" x 17-7/8"
Shpg. 14 lbs.

Your only have 4.2 GPM. and your system is closed center system.

http://www.************.com/specs/Jinma/JM-284.aspx

/ Hydrolic Value #10  
Most jinma loaders were plumbed without power beyond. on the 200 series jinma, there is a steering priority valve, so the power steering has its own form of "power beyond". without power beyond, you will not be able to lift the three point while the loader is is being moved, not a common occurance. Normally the loader just taps into the factory supplied quick connects that connect the pump to the 3 point lift. so 2 hoses is all you need.