Tractor stuck in reverse, shuttle shift problem?

/ Tractor stuck in reverse, shuttle shift problem?
Hello Again.

Sorry for not responding sooner but have been away for a few days!!

Back to the tractor, as I am a novice just wanted to check the attached photo is the right area. When I move the f/r level the circle in the middle does not move so I assume the new roll pins (once I locate) go in the circle (as per picture).

Sorry but I just want to make sure as I can't see any parts of the old roll pin and not sure if they are still inside the shaft or not!!

Thanks again,

Justin

Attachments

• Tractor Pic 1.jpg
    Tractor Pic 1.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 248
   / Tractor stuck in reverse, shuttle shift problem? #12  
   / Tractor stuck in reverse, shuttle shift problem? #13  
That's the spot, Justin. You'll probably need a small mirror or a helper to see where the roll pin goes radially through the two parts. Once you've located it, do like Tommy says and use a small nail or stiff piece of wire the line them up so you can drive out the old broken pieces with a pin punch or rod. The punch you use need to have a flat end so it doesn't swage out the ends of the broken pieces and prevent them from being pushed out.

When you put the new roll pin in, look at it and start the slightly chamfered end in first.

/ Tractor stuck in reverse, shuttle shift problem? #14  
I have a late 60s early 70s jd 450 track loader the shuttle sifter still moves but the machine stays in the low forward position any ideas would be greatly appreciated