Backhoe Metric Thread O-ring Flat Seat Hydraulic Hose Fittings (Chinese standard)

/ Metric Thread O-ring Flat Seat Hydraulic Hose Fittings (Chinese standard)
Another non-orthodox solution in repairing metric flat face seal fittings

Since the availability outside of China seems non-exixtent, those chinese metric fittings are becoming hard currency here, you can carefully cut open the ferrule of the broken hose and reuse the old fittings with a new ferrule and new hose.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
I got a strong recommendation not to reuse the old fittings, that's a no-no especially on hoses with high pressure, that can cause personal injuries.

Last edited:
   / Metric Thread O-ring Flat Seat Hydraulic Hose Fittings (Chinese standard)
Re: Metric Thread O-ring Flat Seal Hydraulic Hose Fittings (Chinese standard)

We had to replace the boom cylinder of our LW-7 (2010) backhoe. Unfortunately the hydraulic fittings here were larger (M18x1.5mm) than on the original (now with a broken piston) cylinder (M16x1.5mm).

Either we had to custom make two new hoses, or to custom make two adapters. We opted for the latter, since we all know the rare/100% non-existing availability of these Chinese Standard press fittings outside of China.

P.S.
ORFS are never Metric, so remember to name these Chinese fittings correctly!:
"Metric Thread O-ring Flat Seal Hydraulic Hose Fittings"

/ Metric Thread O-ring Flat Seat Hydraulic Hose Fittings (Chinese standard) #13  
I know we've discussed this before, but ORFS is a generic term that applies to this type of fitting, regardless of any proprietary name.

I digress.

/ Metric Thread O-ring Flat Seat Hydraulic Hose Fittings (Chinese standard) #14  
I know we've discussed this before, but ORFS is a generic term that applies to this type of fitting, regardless of any proprietary name.

I digress.

I think that a o-ring face seal has protection against the o-ring becoming entrained in the fluid flow, which is a hazard of the flat seal.

Here is a page where they are offering metric o-ring face seal fittings, but if I am seeing it clearly, they have protection against o-ring entrainment.

/ Metric Thread O-ring Flat Seat Hydraulic Hose Fittings (Chinese standard) #15  
"Here is a page where they are offering metric o-ring face seal fittings, but if I am seeing it clearly, they have protection against o-ring entrainment."

Where??? Not nice to tease me like that! :confused3:

/ Metric Thread O-ring Flat Seat Hydraulic Hose Fittings (Chinese standard) #16  
   / Metric Thread O-ring Flat Seat Hydraulic Hose Fittings (Chinese standard) #18  
That link doesn't work, Fishin99.