FarmPro 2425 Help Please

/ FarmPro 2425 Help Please #1  

piperc744

Tractor
FarmPro 2425
hey guys, ive got a farmpro 2425 and its a 2005. i have been told its same as the jinma 200 series, but correct me if im wrong.
ive been having starting problems and thought the engine had finally seized, but such is not the case. everything tested fine, and i was able to drop the clutch and get it started. but as soon as it ran for about 1 minute, the hydraulic pump/motor assembly started smoking.

what would cause this and how to i fix it? is there a maintenance thing i didnt do, i have no idea about this stuff, or did it just go out? please give me any and all information u can on this guys.

thanks
chris

/ FarmPro 2425 Help Please #2  
Do you have a front loader?

//greg//

/ FarmPro 2425 Help Please #3  
Here's my reply from your other thread.

..... you've dead-headed the hydraulic pump. When you removed the loader, did you connect the QCs (quick couplers) together? The QCs could be bad as well, most people exchange the originals for US made ones. This could explain the starting problem, too. The hydraulics are 'open center', which means the pump is always pumping, and the fluid has to go somewhere. If the QC's prevent flow, or if they're not connected properly, the pump destroys itself.

The pump is almost certainly shot.

Last edited:
   / FarmPro 2425 Help Please
yes i have a FEL

/ FarmPro 2425 Help Please #5  
As per comments on your other thread, odds are good you've deadheaded the hydraulic pump and trashed it. That doesn't hurt the engine, generally. You'll need to take the pump out of the equation to determine this - disconnect the hoses from the pump to the loader and connect the hoses to each other as described in the other thread. If the engine starts and runs okay then you need to get a new pump and new quick-disconnects (US-made ones!) and re-fit the hydraulic system and you should be fine.

/ FarmPro 2425 Help Please #6  
Check your engine oil level. Is it any higher? It is common when deadheading a hydraulic pump that it blows out the seals. The pump shaft protrudes into the timing gear/accessory drive case on the front of the engine. This case has engine oil and drains into the sump. A blown shaft seal will pump hydraulic fluid into the engine oil sump...