TaskMaster 425A (DongFeng)/Jinma Y385 engine

/ TaskMaster 425A (DongFeng)/Jinma Y385 engine #1  

Gramps in NM

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 8n, 2005 Taskmaster (Dongfeng)
After the last bit of wonderful advice and info I'm again in need. I'm looking for a diagram of the HYD. system with flow direction and location of components if possible. Can't seem to locate such a critter, certainly none in the manuals. I have a loader, power steering, 3PT, but no backhoe. Seems the pump is below the starter, a strainer/filter (long/narrow) is below the step, with lines runnin to below the seat and some kind of valve located atop the 3PT housing. What appears to be a valve of sorts is located on left side of engine and runs to power steering below steering wheel.
Not sure if this system is common to three point and tranny sump. I would not think so but unsure as that valve/whatever is on top of 3PT housing.

As a second need my PTO will run constantly when engine is running. It seems this has a neutral position but mine runs no matter what speed selection I have made or the neutral slot. Need to get the wife to step on the clutch to see if it disengages. Adjustment of clutch or that disc frozen?
any and all help welcome.
thanks, Gramps

/ TaskMaster 425A (DongFeng)/Jinma Y385 engine #2  
The PTO is probably disengauged. With the tractor shut off, can you rotate the PTO stub by hand? You probably can if the selectors are in neutral. If the PTO is engaged, you won't be able to rotate it. The reason it rotates is the two gears that are engaged are side by side and the oil viscosity sticks them together well enough to transfer enough torque to spin the unloaded stub.

As for the hydraulics, can you post some pics? I own a jinma 284 and there are no hydraulic valves on the left side of the tractor. On my jinma the hydraulic reservoir is directly under the seat. This chamber also houses the 3PH lift cylinder. The hydraulic suction line comes out of the top front and runs to the hydrauloc pump on the right side of the engine, forward of the starter. From the pump it goes thru the loader valve then a diverter valve down near the gas pedal. That valve feeds the steering. The main line continues back along the right side to the 3PH control valve and back into the reservoir. The steering feeds the cylinder on the left side and its rotary valve returns fluid to the reservoir on the left side of the gearbox. Some ewer models have a spin on strainer down below the starter instead of in the reservoir where mine is located. Post some pics of yours and we should be able to help you identify the bits.

/ TaskMaster 425A (DongFeng)/Jinma Y385 engine #3  
Need a few more details, but pics would be the best. The year would help as well. If it is a mid 2000's and up , it probably has a common tranny/hydraulic sump. Does everything look stock plumbed? Do you have 2 hydraulic pumps? Loader? My DF manual shows some earlier DF models(Taskmaster) hydraulic layout as well including with the longer strainer setup. The manuals don't show flow direction, but the Chineese tractors are all similar that way. With a 2 pump system if no loader, simple. Suction filter or strainer to pump to 3pt to sump and around again. If you have an FEL and yours may have stock remotes. It goes suction filter to pump to FEL control valve to remotes (open center valve) to 3pt and back to the sump. The DF's under the right floor board have a quick disconnect coupling, so you can plumb you FEL in easily. Not sure your total setup though. Just remember, its an open center system, the main pump just keeps pumping your fluid around until you divert via a valve to operate something (ie: 3pt or FEL control etc.)

Dave

/ TaskMaster 425A (DongFeng)/Jinma Y385 engine
Thanks for the responses, first will try to attach some pics.

Attachments

• DSC02028.jpg
    DSC02028.jpg
    474.3 KB · Views: 1,053
  • DSC02029.jpg
    DSC02029.jpg
    542.2 KB · Views: 1,382
  • DSC02031.jpg
    DSC02031.jpg
    462.8 KB · Views: 1,074
  • DSC02030.jpg
    DSC02030.jpg
    522.8 KB · Views: 1,028
  • DSC02032.jpg
    DSC02032.jpg
    539 KB · Views: 1,359
OK, looks as though the pics came thru ok. Machine is 2005 and I believe only one pump. Pic 2 shows what I believe is directional flow valve to power steering and is located on left sid of engine, lines run from right side fo front then under engine to left side and down to steering column.
It appears to me that all equipment is stock. FEL works off joystick, with that control having (I think) 6 lines to it. Yes there is a quick disconnect below step near strainer that loops back to some place. Don't remember where just now.
If I understand correctly the 3PT and this HYD (fel & PS)system are one, using a common sump and the same fluid. I was thinking of the 3 PT IN MY OLD 8n WHICH HAS A PUMP IN THE 3 pt HOUSING. If the rear diff and tranny are also common with the 3PT and the hydraulics for the FEL and power steering all are one common system. Right, or am I screwed up. I was under the impression there were two seperate systems.
Guess I better leaver things here for the moment before I get more confused. Thank you all for helping this old man out
Gramps

/ TaskMaster 425A (DongFeng)/Jinma Y385 engine #6  
Thats great!. Yes a one pump hydraulic system with a 'priority' or directional flow valve for the steering. Do you have any problems with the FEL or 3pt or just getting want an understanding of the systems. For the FEL 6 lines make sense. One pressure line in from the pump, one out to the 3pt and then sump and 4 for the curl and up and down of the FEL. If you plan on changing trhe fluids soon when you drain the tranny/hydraulic ( one plug at the back) you should get about 25-30l. out and need at least the same of UTF (universal tractor fluid) to replace. If you only get about 10l. out you may have separate tranny and hydraulic sumps and have another plug to look for. Mine with the FEL takes at least 30l. ( the FEL cylinders need a little more) If you can find in the manual for yours the specs. it should say the amount. If it says you require 25l. for tranny/ hydraulics, then pretty sure you have a common sump system. Couldn't quite tell, but if you follow the lines, off the pump should go into the FEL valve and then out to the QC and then to the 3pt and sump.

Sounds like your getting there.

Dave

/ TaskMaster 425A (DongFeng)/Jinma Y385 engine #7  
   / TaskMaster 425A (DongFeng)/Jinma Y385 engine #8  
A little confused although I'm not the expert.

Pic 2 looks like a diverter/priority valve.
Pic 4 looks like the steering gear under the front dash.
Pic 5 looks like a single pump.

anxious to hear back results

Dave

Thanks for the responses, mainly I'm just trying to learn so I'm prepared when the time comes.
TTTT you are correct as to what the pics show, by posting them I was tryimg to learn terminology.
Tommy, you are correct also, that pic did show a driven pump fron the crank that is between the strainer assembly and the diverter/priority valve. There are two lines from that valve that go to the front pump, have not yet figured out the flow direction yet.
Feed & Return--One line runs to the 3PT and I would guess then into it's sump, another line runs from steering column box to the tranny sump.

I'm making a diagram of the system as to where components/lines are and run and hope to post same.
Keep the faith

Well for what it's worth hear is the layout of the hydraulic lines from my tractor. Some of my terms may not be correct. Corrections/additions readily accepted.
Really difficult to determine flow direction unless there is a pickup point I was unable to uncover.

Attachments

• Hydraulic lines.jpg
    Hydraulic lines.jpg
    433.1 KB · Views: 690