Jinma 354 gearbox repair - HELP!

/ Jinma 354 gearbox repair - HELP! #1  

pelicanme

Tractor
Jinma 354LE
Has anyone out there replaced a driven gear in a 354LE. A bad shift fork weld broke and took 2 teeth off my 2nd driven gear (on main shaft). I split the tractor between the intermediate axle and drive gearbox, but can't figure out how to remove the shaft and gear. I'm anxious to get this back together and would appreciate advice.

Thanks, Mike

/ Jinma 354 gearbox repair - HELP! #2  
If you have the parts manual it shows the breakdown and that should help.

Good luck.

/ Jinma 354 gearbox repair - HELP! #3  
Unbolt the transmission housing from the differential housing and put it on a bench. Remove the cover plate. From that point you'll be able to see the circlips that hold the shafts in place against the various components. Bearings are pressed in, so some bronze hammer tapping will be required to get the shaft out.

//greg//

/ Jinma 354 gearbox repair - HELP!
Thanks Greg and Transit. I have a parts manual, but it hasn't helped as it's slightly different from reality. The gearbox and differential housing are all one piece. Is there any way to remove the shaft and gears from the front without having to remove the differential?

Mike

/ Jinma 354 gearbox repair - HELP! #5  
Ah, the tranny and rear diff share a common housing. I see. Well, I glanced at an exploded diagram. It appears that you access the circlips through an inspection port on the left side. Once the circlips are removed, you should be able to pull the shaft out the front.

The top shaft by the way is the PTO drive. Based upon your opening post, it sounds like you're wanting to pull the bottom shaft. If the inspection port doesn't give you enough working room, it appears to me that you might have better access to the bottom shaft with the top gear train removed first.

//greg//