Fuel additive

/ Fuel additive #1  

Momboy007

Silver Member
Tractor
Jinma 304
Hello All,
I have not needed to operate my Jinma 304 for nearly 8 Months now and was wondering should I be adding some type of fuel stabilizer or something to the fuel, as I do not think i will need it for another 3 months or more.

Thanks in advance,
Rick

/ Fuel additive #2  
Well, it couldn't hurt to add some Diesel Power or similar product. I doubt you have much problem with fuel gelling in San Diego's climate, but condensation collecting in the fuel tank is always a potential problem and a good additive can help avoid that.

/ Fuel additive #3  
   / Fuel additive #4  
I'll second what Bob said, used that in my tractor and diesel trucks for some time. Walmart keeps it in stock around here.

/ Fuel additive #5  
You will also be money well ahead to keep the tank full. Bugs need water and that comes usually in the form of condensation and that is a product of a partially full tank.

Chris

/ Fuel additive #6  
You will also be money well ahead to keep the tank full. Bugs need water and that comes usually in the form of condensation and that is a product of a partially full tank.

Chris

You are correct Chris.
All of us can expect to encounter more bug issues in the future due to the lack of sulfur in diesel fuel. Sulfur was a great impediment to the bugs and arrested their growth somewhat.
But actually, bugs are always in the fuel, it's only when they come in contact with moisture that they become so prolific.

/ Fuel additive
Rob,
So which one of those additives do I use, and I do keep the tank nearly full always.
We do have plenty of wal-Marts around here

Rick

/ Fuel additive #8  
Rob,
So which one of those additives do I use, and I do keep the tank nearly full always.
We do have plenty of wal-Marts around here

Rick

If you keep the tank full at all times there is less chance of condensation forming so you wouldn't necessairly have to treat it with a biocide if you are currently bug free, unless you are storing quantities in bulk, . I think you can store diesel safely for up to a year with little loss of the calorific value, much longer than that and I wouldn't trust it unless you treated it with something like StaBil. The other treatment contains a sulfur lubrication equivalent which for me, is a must for lap-fitted barrels and plungers in the fuel injection pump and injectors. Fuel, and any additive, is the ONLY lubrication they get.

/ Fuel additive
Hello All,
I ended up adding Power Service Diesel service Suppliment with Cetane booster, will that alone be OK?

Thanks,
Rick

/ Fuel additive #10  
To the best of my knowledge, Power Service products do not contain biocides. But if diesel bugs aren't of concern to you, Power Service is perfectly acceptable for San Diego

//greg//