Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    Jinma 284

Default Re: Best way to fix this???

Also note that there (On older JINMAs) is a Grease Port on the throwout Bearing. these typically never got lubed and caused the bearings to lock up and would grind away the clutch fingers as a common problem. I know it is dang near impossible to find it as they tend to fill up with dirt and you cant tell its even there. small round hole that needs a Needle Greaser to get any into it...

The discoloration is a common clue this may be happening. riding clutch also causes it as the bearing is working for extended time and overheats burning right through the clutch fingers then happens and the peddle drops half way down and the clutch action is gone.

Mark
    I may remember why I went to the other end of the shop, I'm just afraid once I get there I'll forget how to get back!

Tractor
    Taskmaster 432e

Sounds good, thanks for all the points. Drill bits should work good for a feeler, I was wondering what I could use that would work good. If I take off the FEL bracket shown on the picture can I access the bell housing through there? It looks like I should be able to unless that is closed? There's a whole lot more room through there if that would work!! Thanks again for all the help, I'm back to work tomorrow so probably won't get much done now 'till next week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -hpim9525-jpg   -hpim9527-jpg  

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Yep, pull the mounts and there will be a hole to work in. Its tight but doable.

Chris

Tractor
    Taskmaster 432e

Well, I just spent the last hour pulling that mount off and I guess the TM432 is a little different b/c there was no access there. The bell housing is cast over where there would have been access!! That only leaves the small inspection port on the other side, I'm not even sure if I can fit my hand in there it's so small!!

Tractor
    JD3720 Cab, 300X loader with 4-in-1 bucket

Sorry I didn't see the post in time to stop you, your photos clearly show the only way in (without splitting). For the benefit of others, TaskMasters are rebadged DFs (aka DongFeng and DFAM). Jinma seems to be the only outfit that's inconsiderate enough to put the inspection ports under the loader mounts.

//greg//
    USN (Ret)
    Former Chinese tractor owner (x4)
    Current John Deere owner

Tractor
    Taskmaster 432e

Does anyone have a picture of what these fingers look like? I've never seen them before and it would be nice to have a picture in mind of what I'm doing as I will be doing this pretty much blind. I'm assuming there's a bolt on the top of them that I can turn with a wrench to adjust? Is there anything else that I need to know. I'm probably going to give it a shot tomorrow AM before I go to work...

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by matthoffman33 View Post
    Does anyone have a picture of what these fingers look like?
    You do. They're in several of the photos that you've already posted here. And yes, they're adjustable through that little inspection window as well. Couple of hex head wrenches and a feeler gauge will do it. But quite honestly, they're significantly worn - and we don't even know what the 3rd one looks like yet. Can't help but feel it would be better for someone with a bit more clutch experience to do these adjustments for you. Given the amount of work and expense involved in splitting the tractor to correct mistakes, it's likely more prudent to conduct this as a "watch and learn" project.

And it doesn't have to be a TaskMaster dealer either. All Chinese tractors use the same finger-release style clutchpacks. Given that you've got the more common 3-finger version, any area Chinese tractor dealer with a service department should be able to assist you[/quote]
    USN (Ret)
    Current John Deere owner

Tractor
    Taskmaster 432e

I realize they're in the pics I've posted, what I was hoping for was a straight on picture so I could see where the adjustment would be made and how the finger works so I could better understand what was going on as I adjusted it. Unfortunately there aren't any chinese tractor dealerships that I know of in this province, the closest one I know about is 1400 km's away in Lacombe, AB so I'm stuck in that regard...

Tractor

Generic clutch diagram attached. Operative word generic. Not specific to your Taskmaster. Use at your own risk.
    Or call
    KnS Equipment Sales

Steven Doell
    RR1 Box 42 Lowe Farm
    Winkler
    Manitoba, Canada
    R0G 1E0
    Tel: (204) 746-0599

//greg//
    USN (Ret)
    Current John Deere owner

Tractor
    Taskmaster 432e

Greg, that's borderline amazing!! Where did you get that name/number from. I called the guy up and he's actually stopped selling the tractors as his profit margin was disappearing but he did give me the name of the guy who worked on some of their stuff and lives about half an hour away from me!! He'll be a good backup if I get in a bind. I attached 3 pics, one of each finger and I took measurements of them. I measured them to the 32nd - Finger 1 is 1/8", Finger 2 is 7/32", and Finger 3 is 1/4"!! Way out!! As I turned them around I got a good view of how they work and I think I will attempt to adjust them - I don't think I could make it worse than what it is!! My question is, when you adjust them do you adjust them all to the 2 mm distance or do just adjust them to the same distance and then adjust the pull rod? Also, how is it that I haven't had more problems with the clutch when the fingers are this far out of alignment??? If it's critical to me within .1mm how has this been working ok 'till now??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -finger1-jpg   -finger2-jpg   -finger3-jpg  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast