Backhoe HW04X BH Hose Connection Problem

/ HW04X BH Hose Connection Problem #1  

Smalljobs

Gold Member
Tractor
Jinma 284
Maybe someone has come across this before. I'm trying to attach my new HW04X supply hose to the pump but the hose has a 90 degree end with a male thread, 18 mm in diameter. None of the two adapters that came with it can accept this male hose. Since the pump face only has four holes and a smooth bore, I can't thread it into the pump housing.

Attachments

• Supply Hose.JPG
    Supply Hose.JPG
    944.6 KB · Views: 221
  • Adapters.JPG
    Adapters.JPG
    943.1 KB · Views: 206
  • Pump Face.JPG
    Pump Face.JPG
    570.7 KB · Views: 186
   / HW04X BH Hose Connection Problem #2  

Attachments

• 4a48e964c350fDSC00002.jpg
    4a48e964c350fDSC00002.jpg
    786.7 KB · Views: 153
   / HW04X BH Hose Connection Problem
Tommy - Tks. To All - Tommy has already bailed me out twice with this project.

I'm considering the same idea but taking it a step further. The local hydraulic shop won't touch the hose so I've looked at Ronald's JIC 6 adapters. Folllowing that I can make up a whole new hose with reusable ends. I'd go right from the valve assembly back to the pump with my own hose. At the pump I'll use something like you showed me. I already machined up a spacer block that allows me to add a pressure gage next to the pump so that I can adjust the pressure relief valve. It won't be difficult to add and NPT and JIC connections.

I'm not yet familiar with minimum orifice size JIC 6 versus 8 and how this relates to what I have now in the hose?

/ HW04X BH Hose Connection Problem #4  

Attachments

• 469bac0d493ed109.jpg
    469bac0d493ed109.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 125
Tommy, that block looks like it will take the 18 mm dia male thread that's on the end of my hose. If so, I'm alll set and I won't have to make up a new hose. Whoops - you said NPT. Is that large port on the top NPT or straight 18 mm?

I'll phone Jerry this morning. :)

Last edited:
I now have a positive ID on the hose that came with the backhoe. Jinma first sent me the WRONG PUMP. It was an engine mounted pump and not the correct BH pump. So it it only makes sense they'd send me the matching hose for the incorrect pump... making it now the wrong hose for the correct pump.

Here is a picture of the hose from the backhoe connected to the wrong pump. It's a straight thread.

I need the 1) correct BH supply hose or 2) some sort of adapter, or 3) make up my own new hose with JIC on each end and then adapt JIC to the correct pump.

Attachments

• Positive ID.jpg
    Positive ID.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 137
I think I'm all set now and will post pictures when done. Thanks to the guys at Affordable and Ronald at Ranch Hand Supply, I can get this solved.

Affordable came up with the right adapter block but I decided to make up my own pressure hose. Ronald supplied adaptors that I will use on the valve assembly block. I'll make up my own hoses with reusable ends from Discount Hydraulic Hose. I'm also adding a return filter based on an earlier link from Bob Rooks.

It would have been cheaper to use Affordable's block but I prefer to move away from the Chinese hose entirely on the pressure side because it gives me more options in the future.

While awaiting hose parts and fittings I swapped ideas with Graham at Bolton Power, local Jinma dealer, and we wondered if I could swap front or back cover plates from the two pumps I have? If I took the rectangular mounting plate off the correct CBN-E310 backhoe pump and mounted it to the other pump CBN E3, I could then use the wrong hose that came with the backhoe AND have more flow. The bolt patterns holding the pump bodies and cover plates seem the same although the engine mounted pump has smaller diameter bolts.

Has anyone ever tried to mix and match these? The engine pump delivers more volume and the body length is slightly longer, otherwise everything looks the same.

Attachments

• Back Of Pumps.JPG
    Back Of Pumps.JPG
    855.3 KB · Views: 151
  • Font of Pumps.jpg
    Font of Pumps.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 153
   / HW04X BH Hose Connection Problem #9  
While awaiting hose parts and fittings I swapped ideas with Graham at Bolton Power, local Jinma dealer, and we wondered if I could swap front or back cover plates from the two pumps I have? If I took the rectangular mounting plate off the correct CBN-E310 backhoe pump and mounted it to the other pump CBN E3, I could then use the wrong hose that came with the backhoe AND have more flow. The bolt patterns holding the pump bodies and cover plates seem the same although the engine mounted pump has smaller diameter bolts.

Has anyone ever tried to mix and match these? The engine pump delivers more volume and the body length is slightly longer, otherwise everything looks the same.

Are the gears the same size (length, diameter, shaft diameter) and the same number of teeth? You will find that you already have more than ample flow. In fact we'll be talking restrictors soon. :D

I think but am not certain all is the same except gear length. I think I will leave it all alone and wait for my JIC connectors and Ranch Hand adapters to arrive and then I'll use the standard BH pump and just replumb the pressure and return lines. The 3/8" hose JIC connector orifices are only slightly larger than the OEM Chinese orifice measured at the hose end.