Manual steering jinma 200 series

/ Manual steering jinma 200 series #1  

BrokenFang

Tractor
farmpro 2445
Pick up a used farmpro2425 love the little guy.When I bought it had to rebuild front steering cylinder. Was wondering if anybondy has swiched one over to a manual steering system. I have seen the parts on the sights you guys order stuff from. I ask because I like my stuff simple and this will eliminate several hydraulic parts. In my 47 years this is the first tractor I have used with power steering.

/ Manual steering jinma 200 series #2  
   / Manual steering jinma 200 series #4  
Manual steering may seem simple, and if it is rack and pinion I guess it could be, but I wouldn't have it on a tractor that I actually wanted to work with. Good hydraulic steering provides a level of stability and control, with minimal effort, that no manual steering can provide. On something as potentially dangerous as a tractor, I want all the control I can possibly get!

/ Manual steering jinma 200 series #5  
Do wheeled tractors even come WITHOUT power steering anymore?

/ Manual steering jinma 200 series
Thanks for the input. Im the kind of person that buys a car without power any thing and no ac stripped bare as it were. I know not everybody thinks like this and yes the power steering is nice but the tractors i have used and owned to this point were built before i was born. My personal belief is that the manual steering is bullet proof no hoses fittings and such not everybodys cup of tea. I was just seeing if the parts were out there and it could be done i wont pull the steering off of it till i get some other stuff done. I still need one more tractor for the haybaler anyway.

/ Manual steering jinma 200 series #7  
I think the money and effort to convert to manual steering will be more than the lifetime maintenance of the power steering system. Also, the manual steering box would probably come from a 2wd tractor and it might not be designed for the stress of the 4wd front end.

When I bought my manual steering Belarus the previous owner had recently replaced the steering box & I've seen other tractors with worn out manual boxes so although they are simple I don't think they are totally trouble-free. All of the steering force acts on all components where power steering isolates the forces to the front end.

Like Rich said about control, I remember driving a Farmall M when I was in high school. If I didn't have a good grip on the wheel when the front crossed a furrow the wheel would spin out of my hands to full lock and the front tires would start sliding sideways. Luckily the tractor wouldn't actually turn.

Yes i am comming to the same cost conclusion. was just curious. nexet tractor needs to be 4000 lbs or so. I ve driven my neighbors tractors with busted fron cyclinders so you have to spin the wheel all the time due to leakby .So all have good and bad points. This one needs grill and timber guards and hydraulic take offs cause it has none just 3ph so this gets done first

/ Manual steering jinma 200 series #9  
I would leave it alone. I have a 284 with about 900 hours and while I had a hose burst due to me getting it caught on something and having to rebuild the cylinder its been great. Hose was $17 so I ordered a second for a spare. Rebuild kit for cylinder was $25.

My other tractor is a Ford 861. I have used it less than 10 hours since getting my Jinma in 2003. Its a nice old tractor but is nowhere near as comfortable to drive and use plus no loader so why use it when I have the handy little Jinma.

By the way the steering box went out on the Ford. It cost $600 for a rebuild and some other odd parts to fix the steering. Yes, I know its a 40 year old tractor but my point is I have used the Jinma about 900 hours and spent about $40 and 1 hour of time on the steering. The Ford has about 1900 hours and I have spent $600 on the steering and 4-5 hours. So if the Jinma keeps running that long I would have to spend nearly $550 more and 4 more hours maintaining it to be even.

Give me power everything. All my trucks, cars, boats, ect have all the options. I am that type of guy.:thumbsup:

Chris

Im going to leave it wish i could dampenen it a bit feels like old doge truck power steering.This one has no fel just 3pth no hydraulic hook ups at all . The bigger tractor will pull haybaler this one will run sickle bar,rake and haul firewood.