Aligning clutch pack

/ Aligning clutch pack
I got it back together, but now when I step on the clutch with the engine running it is hitting. I am assuming it is the nuts on the 3 screws on the end of the arm hitting the bell housing. I replaced those when I did it.
I just got some jamb nuts to see if that helps. I am not getting enough pedal travel.

/ Aligning clutch pack #12  
I am not getting enough pedal travel.
Once the two halves of the tractor are reassembled, you have to adjust the bearing gap. I'm going to give generic numbers here, you should refer to the tractor manual for confirmation. Assuming a 3 fingered clutch, remove a clutch inspection plate and observe the gap between each of the clutch release finger tips and the vertical face of the throwout bearing. Each of the 3 gaps should be virtually the same, the tolerance figure is only +/- 0.1mm. If that's not the case, the clutchpack was not adjusted to spec when assembled. If you do have all 3 fingers within the specified 0.1mm, the throwout bearing carrier must be adjusted to achieve a 2.5mm gap (+/- 0.5mm) between the bearing vertical face and the 3 finger tips. If that's not the case, you can move the TOB with the threaded yoke on the external linkage. If you still don't have enough pedal, you can get more by turning in the pedal stop bolt on the bell housing. If that's not enough, you'll likely have to break the tractor in half again to see what went wrong.

If you've got a six fingered clutch, that changes everything.

//greg//

/ Aligning clutch pack
Thanks for the help.
After changing the nuts from normal nuts to jamb nuts, I got more pedal travel without hitting anything. And then I got the adjustments close.
A little tuning for my preference later, but it is working great now.

thanks
Doug