Buying Advice nortrac 25xt fel

/ nortrac 25xt fel #11  
"I myself would not ever look at a chineese tractor like these, I looked at them before, I made my choice, and I would say if you can get something of quality, these are (throw away tractors) take your time and shop nice and slow. But RUN as fast as you can from these boat anchors.
david
"

.....Spoken with real knowledge.

I've been to the Jinma/Mahindra factory and here's where they make these POS "throw away" tractor "boat anchors"

Take a look:

Attachments

• IMG_0624.jpg
    IMG_0624.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 690
  • IMG_0625.jpg
    IMG_0625.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 630
  • IMG_0628.jpg
    IMG_0628.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 513
  • IMG_0630.jpg
    IMG_0630.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_0634.jpg
    IMG_0634.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 542
   / nortrac 25xt fel #12  
I'll bet if we require all the "USA made" compact tractor diesels to be all American made, they'd have no engines.

I beg to differ Steve. There probably wouldn't be any tractors either. I think MTD and Struck are the last holdouts. :laughing:

/ nortrac 25xt fel #13  
Bob Rooks said:
You don't even know why you didn't "get them".
You didn't state any facts, just "beliefs" and hearsay. Neither of which is credible, and makes your opinion even less credible. :thumbsup::D

I'm sorry. Then here it is;

I believe in dealer support. JD has 20 dealers within 50 miles. Buying a piece of equipment worth thousands out of a magazine was not an option for me.

I wanted an easy to use feature rich tractor. Hydrostatic, digital display, ergonomic layout. JD offered me all and Nortrac none.

Easily removable bucket and loader. Too my knowledge they are pin on buckets and loader isn't nearly as easy too take off.

Mid PTO. JD did, Nortrac didn't.

Availability of parts, goes with the dealer support as well.

None of these deal with the power of a Nortrac or quality of build (although IMO JD has a better build quality) but the tractor as a whole. JD offered me much more, so I bought one.

/ nortrac 25xt fel #14  
I'm sorry. Then here it is;

I believe in dealer support. JD has 20 dealers within 50 miles. Buying a piece of equipment worth thousands out of a magazine was not an option for me.

I wanted an easy to use feature rich tractor. Hydrostatic, digital display, ergonomic layout. JD offered me all and Nortrac none.

Easily removable bucket and loader. Too my knowledge they are pin on buckets and loader isn't nearly as easy too take off.

Mid PTO. JD did, Nortrac didn't.

Availability of parts, goes with the dealer support as well.

None of these deal with the power of a Nortrac or quality of build (although IMO JD has a better build quality) but the tractor as a whole. JD offered me much more, so I bought one.

Excellent! You could have said all that simply by not posting anything. The Nortrac simply did not offer the convenience features you wanted. You looked no further into the Nortrac to see the true value. You are obviously not mechanically inclined so you do require a lot of local support. So be it.
Your opinion is still not based on ownership experience and is still "just plain 'ol ignorance and prejudice". I will even speculate that neither of you ever took a Foton or Jinma for a demo.

PS: Check your JD over real close and note where it's stamped "Made in China".

/ nortrac 25xt fel #15  
Could you tell us what your experience had been with Nortracs then? I see you have one in your avatar.

To let you know I was considering one of the Nortrac dozers a couple years ago but bought the 3120 instead. I needed a fel. And no I never tested a Nortrac because the didn't fit my specs at all. And as for my tractor it has USA labeled on it...

/ nortrac 25xt fel #16  
PS: Check your JD over real close and note where it's stamped "Made in China".

Bob, you forgot to include, "Made in India" along with "Made in China" for JD.

Last edited:
   / nortrac 25xt fel #17  
Could you tell us what your experience had been with Nortracs then? I see you have one in your avatar.

Gladly. To be more specific it is a Yuchai (formerly Guilin), which Northern Tool re-brands as Nortrac. Other companies re-brand it as well.
It is the approximate equivalent of a Cat D2 (albeit much more refined), Mitsubishi BD-2G, JD 330, or Komatsu D31, but is the only one in production that offers a quick-change FEL, and the only one that offers a live three-point hitch and ROPS as standard equipment. The Mitsubishi BD-2's and JD's are no longer in production, and the Komatsu is sold as a grey market machine. I have made many mods and upgrades to it to fit my specific needs, and am happy to say that there is almost 600 hours on the meter with no issues at all except for the ones I asked for. Yes, I am very pleased with it and parts availability has not been an issue at all. Almost any part I want is only a few days away.

I see by your avatar you have a truck. It appears to be a Ford. I have one too, a F-350 LWB 4x4 DRW 6.4L Lariat crew cab. Love it!

Attachments

• IMGA0302.JPG
    IMGA0302.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:
   / nortrac 25xt fel #18  
And as for my tractor it has USA labeled on it...
"Assembled in USA with components made in China, India, Taiwan, Bangladesh, Mexico, and wherever there is cheap labor to maximize corporate profits and take away American production jobs".

/ nortrac 25xt fel #19  
Well, I just couldn't just let this slide...

And no I never tested a Nortrac because the didn't fit my specs at all.
The truth comes out.
Then by all accounts do you have reason to bash them??
I think not.
I stand by what I said earlier: "Just plain 'ol ignorance and prejudice".
I really don't see what either of you two are doing on this thread if there is nothing here that interests you, unless you are just trolling.
I digress.

/ nortrac 25xt fel #20  
Well, there are two posts from unqualified individuals that cannot speak from ownership experience or cite substantiated data, just plain 'ol ignorance and prejudice. :ashamed:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: thanks for the post Bob, I'll 2nd it.