Buying Advice nortrac 25xt fel

/ nortrac 25xt fel #1  

namesray

Platinum Member
Tractor
kubota rtv900: kubota mx5200
hi. is there anyone out there that owns a nortrac 25xt with fel. now these are the newer nortracs northern tool sells. they are renamed fotons not the renamed jinmas northern use to sell. they switched about 3 years ago. i am looking for further details on these xt models and have only come across very little information. i would like someone who owns one to tell me what they think of nortracs, their experience with northern tool, and how they use the tractor, things like that. (have made 7-8 calls to northern tools/ nortrac and looked at their website and other tractor forums and such. none of them have had much info. must not be too many of them out there?) i know some of the specs but strongly question durability, longevity, and parts availabilty. any feed back would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

/ nortrac 25xt fel #2  
Foton makes a great tractor, there 20 and 25 hp have a lighter front drive than the Jinmas,I would not worry about parts,we keep alot of them in stock, they are also using the Laidong LL380 or the KM385 Tier IV engine which is the same engine Jinma is using now,they have changed up the transmission parts some but Northern as a large selection of parts too.We work with Northern tool all the time and between us we have or can get any part you would ever need for these tractors

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales
"Your Jinma Parts Superstore"
Home of compact Jinma, Foton, and Koyker Tractors and Parts, Wood Chippers, Backhoes - Affordable Tractor Sales Company

/ nortrac 25xt fel #3  
There's not many put there because not many people want them. I'm sure they will do, but I'd look to a major brand. I would never by a tractor out of a magazine or an online store for that matter. Go to a dealer in your area. Pay a little more and get quality and quality service. Nothing against them, I just wouldn't buy one.

/ nortrac 25xt fel #4  
I myself would not ever look at a chineese tractor like these, I looked at them before, I made my choice, and I would say if you can get something of quality, these are (throw away tractors) take your time and shop nice and slow. But RUN as fast as you can from these boat anchors.
david

/ nortrac 25xt fel #5  
Well, there are two posts from unqualified individuals that cannot speak from ownership experience or cite substantiated data, just plain 'ol ignorance and prejudice. :ashamed:

/ nortrac 25xt fel #6  
Bob Rooks said:
Well, there are two posts from unqualified individuals that cannot speak from ownership experience or cite substantiated data, just plain 'ol ignorance and prejudice. :ashamed:

I'd say some advise on why we didn't get them is better than no one responding at all:thumbsup:

/ nortrac 25xt fel #7  
Yep....:confused2:

My POS 2003 Jinma has been rock solid. Only repair in 850 hours is a starter and a thermostat. Yes, I did bust a hydro line but that was my fault.

Its a tough simple tractor. Basically new 1960's design. Dont get me wrong, my neighbor has a Ford, my uncle has a JD, and my buddy has a Case all 30 to 35 HP by my 284 Jinma will work circles around them. Simply its heavy like tractor used to be. It was 1500# more than the next closest one.

I also have a 45 HP NH 2 wheel drive tractor and the only thing it has on the Jinma is PTO HP. The Jinma will out work it any day of the week and pull it around backwards on Sundays.

Chris

/ nortrac 25xt fel #8  
I'll bet if we require all the "USA made" compact tractor diesels to be all American made, they'd have no engines.

/ nortrac 25xt fel #9  
Diamondpilot said:
Yep....:confused2:

My POS 2003 Jinma has been rock solid. Only repair in 850 hours is a starter and a thermostat. Yes, I did bust a hydro line but that was my fault.

Its a tough simple tractor. Basically new 1960's design. Dont get me wrong, my neighbor has a Ford, my uncle has a JD, and my buddy has a Case all 30 to 35 HP by my 284 Jinma will work circles around them. Simply its heavy like tractor used to be. It was 1500# more than the next closest one.

I also have a 45 HP NH 2 wheel drive tractor and the only thing it has on the Jinma is PTO HP. The Jinma will out work it any day of the week and pull it around backwards on Sundays.

Chris

I would be more apt to buy the nortracs when jinma but now are foton, which I believe to not as good of quality as the jinmas. I did like the jinmas more though.

/ nortrac 25xt fel #10  
I'd say some advise on why we didn't get them is better than no one responding at all:thumbsup:

You don't even know why you didn't "get them".
You didn't state any facts, just "beliefs" and hearsay. Neither of which is credible, and makes your opinions even less credible. :thumbsup::D

Like I said: "just plain 'ol ignorance and prejudice".