Loader hydraulics question

/ Loader hydraulics question #1  

cleat

Silver Member
Tractor
Dongfeng 254G2
I have a 2011 DF254G2 with a FEL250 Townsunny loader. My dealer gave me a Branson loader valve as an upgrade and it works great. The only question I have is this tractor came set up so the hydraulic flow is through the loader valve then back to the rear remotes and 3 point. The Branson valve has the option of using power beyond and I of course would have to add a tank line to the valve. Is there any gain to doing this ? :)

Thanks, Cleat

/ Loader hydraulics question #2  
Sounds to me like they're already using the PB port to return to the sump by way of the TPH and rear remotes.

/ Loader hydraulics question
Valve currently is not using the power beyond port. Just simple open center by means of the tank connection with the open center plug installed in the power beyond port. I do however have the power beyond adapter and can go this route as many makers have if there is any gain.

/ Loader hydraulics question #4  
Really no advantage. If it were me I would leave it as it is.

If you did want to use it you would use the PB port to power the 3 point and run the return to a port on your tank. You may have to drill and tap a fitting into the tank if one is not there.

You could also use the PB for future hydraulic needs such as a set of remotes or a grapple.

Chris

/ Loader hydraulics question #5  
Who is the valve made by? The only drawback in not using the PB port is that the load on the 3PH, perhaps full system pressure determined by the relief valve in the 3PH control valve, is felt on that port on the loader valve. The valve may be pressure limited on that port, such as the prince valves I use. They limit the pressure on that open center outlet port to 500 PSI max. In the case of the Prince valves that pressure is felt by the O-rings on the ends of the spools. This in conjunction with a heavy brushhog cost me several spool O-rings. The pressure spikes from the 3PH load exceeded the loader valve's O-rings ability to seal... If you don't use the 3PH to full capacity, it may never cause issues.

I have the PB sleeve for my valve and plan on configuring the loader valve to feed the 3PH with the high pressure rated PB port... In my case, the power steering feed returns along the left side of the gearbox. I can "T" the return from the loader valve into that line right at the base of the steering colum with about 30" of hose...

My .02

/ Loader hydraulics question #6  
Like RonMar said, if you have it , use it. If connecting valves in series like in an open center systems, the flow through ports, PB, should be high pressure rated.

Sub plates as used in solenoid valve setups, don't need PB, as the sub plates are designed to handle high pressure.

Manufactures suggest that just about all return ports should go to tank, and you can tee into these hoses as long as they don't provide any back pressure.

/ Loader hydraulics question #7  
Valve currently is not using the power beyond port. Just simple open center by means of the tank connection with the open center plug installed in the power beyond port. I do however have the power beyond adapter and can go this route as many makers have if there is any gain.

/ Loader hydraulics question #8  
ronMar:

should you do this (tee into the intake suction line) one issue is any goober o-ring part or?? coming out of the loader valve/cylinders is heading directly into your pump with no chance of being filtered / settled out in the tank...

Mark

/ Loader hydraulics question
newloaderhosesinside3.jpg
[/IMG]Upgrade is complete. I added the power beyond plug and connected this to the line headed to the rear remotes and 3pt. Tank connection is tied into the line coming from the safety relief valve by the pump which feeds directly into the botom of the transmission (My tractor uses transmission fluid for hydraulic fluid). Suction line to pump is a separate line coming from the side of the transmission down low and is filtered before the pump (all factory setup).

Newpowerbeyondhoseandtankhosestiedinundertractor.jpg
[/IMG]Hydraulics work great. loader seems to dump even faster which is a plus.

Last edited:
   / Loader hydraulics question #10  
ronMar:

should you do this (tee into the intake suction line) one issue is any goober o-ring part or?? coming out of the loader valve/cylinders is heading directly into your pump with no chance of being filtered / settled out in the tank...

Mark

"tee into the intake suction line" I never said that, nor would I do that... The line I am refering to is the line that the power steering system fluid returns to the reservoir by. It is a flex line leaving the rotary vane pump/valve and connects to a hard line that runs along the left side of the tractor(opposite the pump suction line) and runs back into the left side of the reservoir thru a large banjo bolt... It would be a fairly easy thing to put T into that flex line portion up forward, to add the return from the loader...