Backhoe frame mount for Jinma 254

/ Backhoe frame mount for Jinma 254 #1  

mitchash

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra MAX 28XL, Jinma 254 (Sold)
Could someone post some pictures and specs of the frame mount backhoe for a Jinma 254? I have a CAD Digger that I want to adapt to my tractor. Also should I use the tractor hydraulics or get a PTO pump? I just put on a Coldwater loader that has the two front mounts for the Jinma backhoe frame.

/ Backhoe frame mount for Jinma 254 #2  
Could someone post some pictures and specs of the frame mount backhoe for a Jinma 254? I have a CAD Digger that I want to adapt to my tractor. Also should I use the tractor hydraulics or get a PTO pump? I just put on a Coldwater loader that has the two front mounts for the Jinma backhoe frame.

The BH mount is basically 2 rectangular box tube rails that fit into those forward mount plates on the BH subframe and are held with a pair of pins. Those forward plates are orientated so the box tubes run back and are just outside the base of the lower 3PH arm mount pins. Wide enough to allow two 1/2" triangular plates to hang from the pins and be just inside the two parallel box tubes.

The rear of the mount box tubes hang off of those pins using two triangular plates that are held to the box tubes with 2 cross bolts each. To mount the BH, I remove the lower 3PH arms and hang the plates from the pins. Then I back in the tractor keeping the triangular plates between the box tubes. I am also trying to get the front of the tubes into or under the forward brackets. At that point I hook up the hydraulics and manipulate the controls to line up the forward pin holes, then the triangular plate bolt holes with the holes thru the box tubes. This with the BH balanced between the outrigger legs and bucket. The box tubes extend back past the triangular mount plates about 2 feet and form a "porch" that the BH sets on and is bolted to. I added an additional mount from up on the BH frame that mates with the toplink pin bracket. This realy solidifies the BH mount to the tractor...

As for hydraulics, That depends on how your tractor is configured and how large the BH is. The pump on the tractor is big enough to run a small BH. Are there any quick connects on the back of your tractor? What valve did your loader come with. If it is the Prince 5200 like what came with mine, you can fairly easilly add a power-beyond sleeve to the valve and plumb the BH off the loader valve. The only real drawback is the small system volume. For light duty use, it would work, but for heavier use, a PTO pump and a larger external reservoir would probably be the better way to go as it will deal with the heat of use better...

Last edited:
   / Backhoe frame mount for Jinma 254
Can you send me some pictures of your backhoe set up? What backhoe do you have? Yes I have the hydraulic quick connects at the rear of my tractor. I'm not sure what brand valve I have on my Coldwater loader but it's a joy stick style (works smooth :). I already have an oil tank for the backhoe that I can use. I also have a pump that would be run by a small engine if I finished building the trailer style CAD backhoe. Thanks again.

/ Backhoe frame mount for Jinma 254 #4  
I've posted pictures of my own frame on TBN recently so if you do a search you will find helpful info.

/ Backhoe frame mount for Jinma 254 #5  
Ronmar...thanks for your thorough and valuable input. It's always worthwhile.

/ Backhoe frame mount for Jinma 254 #6  
It is the most basic hoe the chinese offer I think, model HW-03. Pretty solid steel structure and the most basic of control valves. The boom pivots were not well designed, so I made some changes there as well as a few other things:) Here is a pic of the front with me removing a pin that holds the BH frame rail to the loader subframe.
step3.jpg

Here is a not-so-great pic of the back before I modified it(and my grandson leaning in to look at a spider:)). At the bottom you can just see the triangular plates that hang from the lower 3PH pins on the bottom rear of the tractor case. The BH is off right now so I can get a better pic this afternoon.

DSCF0003.jpg

Ron, thanks for the pictures and info! They have been very helpful! Does the backhoe seem pretty stable with that frame mount? How well does it dig?

/ Backhoe frame mount for Jinma 254 #8  
With the toplink attach point, it is a solid part of the tractor. that single change probably makes the biggest difference to how the assembly fits onto the tractor. The added pivot plates and longer pins I added to the boom pivot make it a smooth tight package.

How does it dig? Like it is trying to get back to china:)

The pictures and help I have been getting were great! I have been looking at dealers backhoes and getting a few ideas there too. I like to mount the backhoe frame to the loader frame, rear bottom PTO mounts and the third link, that should make it ridged enough.

/ Backhoe frame mount for Jinma 254 #10  
Hi Ron,
Do you have some pics of your mod connecting the subframe to the FEL frame? I need to build that as I am waiting for my new bell housing that cracked in two.
Thanks,
Tony