Total hydraulic Loss

/ Total hydraulic Loss #1  

NorTracNY

Platinum Member
I have a Jinma 254. I was just finishing up moving some compost and realized I loss hydraulics. Even the 3pt hitch was not responsive. I looked around and found no leaks, no hoses blown, and there was still fluid. I had been using the bucket for the last hour. I'm sure this is an easy problem, but I'm pretty clueless on hydraulics.

Can anyone help me diagnose this? Referencing the part numbers or pictures would really be appreciated.

/ Total hydraulic Loss #2  
does your power steering still work? if it does, then i`d suspect the priorty valve.
if no power steering and no loader /3 point. then i`d start with the basics. 1, fluid level. 2, check suction strainer in lift box under seat. 3, inspect suction line and fittings make sure all is tight and no cracks or breaks.4, then i`d suspect the pump or pump drive. i`d probably disconnect the pump output hose and put(secure) it in a bucket and briefly crank/start engine.if pump is working hydraulic fluid will shoot out. if little-no fluid comes out .then i would pull the pump and inspect.
i`m not a professional mechanic, this is what i would do if i had this problem, along with scratching my head!
i`m sure others will post more or other things to do and check.

/ Total hydraulic Loss #3  
Pull the engine dipstick, see if the level is higher than you would normally expect

//greg//

/ Total hydraulic Loss #4  
check the QDs for the FEL. other things to look for leaking line or blown seal on the pump that would fill crank case up with HYD fluid most of the time. The HYD system is pretty simple so not a lot can go wrong.

Mark

/ Total hydraulic Loss #5  
Where is the pump and does it have output flow/pressure?:)

/ Total hydraulic Loss #6  
Its a small reservoir and very easy to loose prime to the pump. Loose the pressure (small) line going from pump to lift under seat. Fill reservoir with oil start engine you will get a pressure spray of oil out the loosened pressure line. tighten it and go.
The reservoir is a bit small when working with fel and on hilly terrain.

/ Total hydraulic Loss
does your power steering still work? if it does, then i`d suspect the priorty valve.
if no power steering and no loader /3 point. then i`d start with the basics. 1, fluid level. 2, check suction strainer in lift box under seat. 3, inspect suction line and fittings make sure all is tight and no cracks or breaks.4, then i`d suspect the pump or pump drive. i`d probably disconnect the pump output hose and put(secure) it in a bucket and briefly crank/start engine.if pump is working hydraulic fluid will shoot out. if little-no fluid comes out .then i would pull the pump and inspect.
i`m not a professional mechanic, this is what i would do if i had this problem, along with scratching my head!
i`m sure others will post more or other things to do and check.

OK, thank you all for the responses. I've examined it some more and learned to identify a few of the items from the manual.

There is no power steering, it was a tough turn backing it into a nearby shelter with the bucket dragging.
1) I checked the fluid level and it appears normal. There is about a 1/4" inch on the stick with the single line being about 1" up.
2) I pulled up the strainer and found nothing that stood out. The fluid level is about 1/2" down in this section.
3) I see no leaks in any lines. I've always had a small leak from one of the quick disconnects at the joystick and I've always had a little leakage while running out the breather of the dipstick behind the seat.
4) I have not performed the last task yet.

/ Total hydraulic Loss
Its a small reservoir and very easy to loose prime to the pump. Loose the pressure (small) line going from pump to lift under seat. Fill reservoir with oil start engine you will get a pressure spray of oil out the loosened pressure line. tighten it and go.
The reservoir is a bit small when working with fel and on hilly terrain.

I did lose the hydraulics with the tractor going up an incline at the time. Shouldn't I have gotten them back now that it's back down and level? When you say fill the reservoir with oil, are you talking about behind the seat where you normally put oil in?

/ Total hydraulic Loss #9  
No when the pump runs out of oil it cant deal with air and will stop pumping. So vent the line and start it up. you will loose some oil in the process maby not too much. I have a foton 404 and it occasionally does it in steep hills.

/ Total hydraulic Loss
No when the pump runs out of oil it cant deal with air and will stop pumping. So vent the line and start it up. you will loose some oil in the process maby not too much. I have a foton 404 and it occasionally does it in steep hills.

OK, I understand. I'll give it a try shortly.