foton 254 stering noise

/ foton 254 stering noise #1  

domains

Silver Member
2008 4x4 makes squeaking noise threw out all motion when turning.

dealer told me its normal

no belts just a hydrologic pump

/ foton 254 stering noise #2  
What kind of "dealer"? Are you talking about a used tractor you just bought from this "dealer"? Or one you've had new since 2008? Has it made this noise since new? or just started making the noise recently?

//greg//

/ foton 254 stering noise #3  
   / foton 254 stering noise #4  
What oil are you running in the steering 20w50 is best

/ foton 254 stering noise #5  
Whoa! 20w50 is not the oil of choice for a Jinma steering system. The manual, and the Jinma dealers I know, recommend using AW-32 hydraulic oil and nothing else. Deviate from that at your own risk.

Is the squeaking noise coming form the pump, the steering motor, the priority valve (if so equipped) or is it a mechanical squeak from something rubbing? A hydraulic pump that is stalling (pumping against excess back pressure) will make a noise that I'd call "whining", while a relief valve that is opening makes a noise that is what I'd call a "groaning" sound. High p[itched squeaking noises are usually from friction - rubbing, dragging, scraping, etc.

/ foton 254 stering noise
noise is coming from the steering valve.

makes same noise as power steering on a car when you turn it all the way right or left.

but with my tractor it makes that noise all the time when turning.

I can't remember if it made that noise when new... only got 200hours on it.

/ foton 254 stering noise #7  
By steering valve you mean right under the steering wheel ??

rdbigfarmboy Yes steering is part of the whole hydrologic system

/ foton 254 stering noise #9  
rdbigfarmboy Yes steering is part of the whole hydrologic system

Thanks
Evidently its not the pump which is up front. So you have a problem with the amount or working pressure of oil in the steering system. So is it sluggish or hard to turn? Or does it take spells of being slow or hard to turn?
If either is the case you have a supply issue.
Tell us how easy is it to turn?

Turns normal and steer with one finger... dealer closed so i can't compare with another tractor.