Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    JD3720 Cab, 300X loader with 4-in-1 bucket

Default Re: Enfly

Don't have to know anything about Enfly to diagnose this one. The dealer was correct only to the extent that tractor wet disc brakes in fact ARE metal-on-metal. But what you describe sounds more to me like the throwout bearing was being ground away by the clutch release fingers. Once the heat and pressure of constant contact destroyed the bearing (and likely one or more of the fingers), no more clutch. Any "mechanic" that would work on the brakes to fix a clutch problem is in the wrong job.

First time tractor owners do have a tendency to ride the clutch while moving material - which WILL cause clutch damage in short order. But in this I'll tentatively give you benefit of doubt. As such, you didn't necessarily buy a lemon - as much as unfortunately buying from someone that (apparently) shouldn't be in the tractor business. Clutch adjustment is a significant item on the dealer prep list. It should have been done before you even took delivery. Unfortunately, there are still some cowboy "sellers" that do little more than open the crates and bolt the pieces together.

//greg//
    USN (Ret)
    Former Chinese tractor owner (x4)
    Current John Deere owner

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Foton FT404, International 444 with forklift, International B250, Kubota L2000DT, Truck converted to all terrain forklift and lots of other junk

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFarm View Post
    Tommi,
    1. Get everything in writing. Detail what has gone wrong and all responses in a folder. This is very important. Try to do stuff by letter or email.
    2. Contact Consumer Affairs in your state and lodge a complaint.
    3. They may not have much time to help but if they do it will all be recorded and maybe useful years later.
    4. If they get lots of complaints they may well be able to assist.
    Mike
    Most state based Consumer affairs are real toothless tigers. Also they are reluctant to touch tractors saying that's a commercial transaction not a consumer one. (Been there done that). The only real way to go is to your states Administrative and Civil Tribunal. They will take action even across state borders. But as has been suggested forget phone calls the carry no legal weight. Email or write. Keep a record of everything. And as far as having an independent mechanic having a look at you tractor voiding your warranty that is rubbish. The dealer has to prove that the person you hired is incompetent. This was worked out on the case between Ford and Ultra tune......Ford lost the case as I'm sure your dealer would.
    Sounds like the dealer is one of the fly by nighters that plague the Australian tractor industry. Good luck and I hope you can get things sorted out.

Tractor
    Enfly 55hp

Greg,
    all I can Say; you sound like a very wise person, or maybe you have powers that can read my mind, of things that I have already thought?

Zonta,
    Thanks
    About the independent mechanic; if the tractor goes to an independent mechanic and gives a report on the things that still are not working (things that we had reported a year ago), what complications would have on the business? Therefore they will do anything to avoid of something like this happening.

Darby,
    It is good that up to now you did not have any major problems and with some luck you might not have any in the future.
    I do not want to disclose much information yet but I will post in the coming months the results.
    Last edited by tommi1; 12-11-2012 at 03:40 AM. Reason: spelling

Tractor
    Enfly 55hp

Does any one knows any places in melbourne that can inspect tractors or what is the best place to have a tractor inspected

Tractor
    Enfly DQ404

Hi Tommy1
    Sounds like you've (1) had some bad luck with your new tractor having a major component failure, and (2) been poorly treated by your supplier, who may not care too much about customer service. Unfortunately these two things often seem to go hand in hand, the end result being that you as the customer feel totally ripped off i.e. you've paid a large sum of money for a faulty product that the supplier doesn't want to fix unless you're willing to fork out even more money. Your comment "buying an Enfly is like gambling" is probably true, but I'm reminded of my brother's recent plight when he bought a late model top of the line Mercedes motor car for $85k, and 13 months later he had to replace the transmission at a cost of $14k..

My experience so far with an Enfly tractor is all good - I bought the 40hp model a while back, and it's been a great performer - I've put 40 hours on the clock, and keeps pulling out stumps, digging holes, moving heavy loads and anything else I ask of it....I've also had very good support from the Sydney supplier, so my impression of Enfly tractors is no doubt the opposite of yours....

Advertiser
    Tractor
    Jinma

Darby as you mentioned, there's a reason the Chinese made tractors are more affordable than others, the metal is not as hard as the higher priced units but if you have a good parts source, manuals and some mechanical knowledge and keep a check on things most blue collar folks like myself come out way ahead. The big name brands are very expensive compared to these units but the resale on the Chinese made tractors have really been surprising to us, they do pretty well if you keep them maintained and in good shape

Ben
    Jinma Tractor Parts, Farm Pro Tractor Parts, Farmpro, Nortrack, Agracat

Tractor
    None

Hi, looking at buying a tractor and read your post, just wanted to enquire is it still going well and are you still happy with it? Thanks heaps.

If anyone else has some recent feedback on the 40 and 55hp enflys that would be great!

Also has anyone had much to do with Blek, the Enfly dealer located at Penrith NSW?
    Last edited by Tarzac; 02-10-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Tractor
    Enfly DQ404

How is the Enfly going? I am thinking about getting a DQ404, its mainly just for weekend use and I am happy to maintain it myself. Have you had any other issues with it?

Tractor
    Enfly

Enfly comments made by Tommi are false and miss leading! JKL Machinery is the exclusive distributor of Enfly Tractors in Australia and has NO record of Tommi ever buying an Enfly Tractor. Furthermore JKL Machinery has contacted all known Enfly tractor owners in Australia to specifically identify unhappy customers and to this date the Tommi customer has never contacted JKL Machinery.

When Tommi first reported this complaint JKL Machinery made attempts to contact Tommy because JKL Machinery believed Tommi may be a fictitious character created to undermine the good name of Enfly. If anyone knows Tommi or if Tommi wants to contact JKL Machinery please phone 07 54656583 or email kelly@jklmachinery.com.au

Enfly tractors have proved to be excellent value and JKL Machinery takes care to ensure that genuine customers are well serviced and supported.

Tractor
    Enfly DQ404

I now have almost 200 hours on my Enfly DQ404, and so far I've had no problems with the machine - starts first time every time, and powers through any job I give it. I've done a lot of heavy work with it, and for me it's been well worth the investment. The only negative I have is that the handbrake design is not the best - the lever is bolted to the chassis, and works its way loose after a time - so you need to occasionally put a spanner on it and re-tighten it, otherwise the handbrake can release by itself...

I was disappointed when the Sydney based supplier BLEK disappeared from the scene (I originally purchased the tractor through BLEK), but as it's turned out, JKL in Queensland have given me great service so far - very helpful with phone contact, emails, and supply of parts for servicing, and they did a great job recently in helping me swap my ag. tyres for turf tyres.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast