Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Enfly 55hp

Default Enfly

I'm new to this forum. We're in Western Australia on 300 acres and I've been researching Chinese tractors. I'm looking seriously at an 55hp or 80hp Enfly but would like to know any first hand experience from other users first. I want one with FEL and backhoe plus most other attachments to whip my property into shape. Is there anyone out there who knows about these tractors? Enfly are manufactured by Yantai Dongqi Agricultural Equipment Co Ltd.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Foton FT404, International 444 with forklift, International B250, Kubota L2000DT, Truck converted to all terrain forklift and lots of other junk

Default Re: Enfly

Hi
    Welcome to the site.
    Enfly would be classed as second or third tier Chinese tractors in Australia not for their quality (Good or Bad) but for the numbers sold. Foton and Jinma would be the front line sellers followed (in the second tier) probably by Luzhong which is the favorite of "Back Yard" dealers (and sold under many different "brand names" on Ebay /Trading Post etc" and getting a terrible reputation.
    In the bigger (40HP and over) Foton / Euroleopard (same tractor essentially) have a great reputation as being tough tractors.
    Other than those you could go with the "big" names or for one of the up and coming Korean brands. All of which will cost you $1000's of dollars more.
    You have a dealer in the west that now sells Enfly...but before that he sold Foton and before that he sold Luzhong?
    If you need any further help please PM me

Tractor
    Enfly 55hp

I have an Enfly tractor made in China. From the moment that we got it in our property we had nothing but troubles. The company has been taking us for a very long ride, several times people from the company came to have a look at the issues but each time they touched the tactor the issues got worse.

When we were looking to buy a tractor and also in the company's website they claim Enfly tractors are very reliable and as good as the best tractors in the market with fraction of the cost but once the company took our money, they kept saying to us 土ou did not buy a John Deere tractor to expect the same kind of quality (talking about irony).

Once we told the company that enough is enough and when we paid for the tractor we expected to be in a working condition and not in unrepairable state, the company started to send us emails stating that all the issues we had with the tractor were because we had no idea how to use the tractor.

I can't say what experience is worse, buying a Chinese made tractors that the quality turned to be very poor and unable to a enjoy it for a minute or the owners of the company that after they pocketed our money they did not care other than blaming us that we damaged the tactor therefore its not their fault if they can't fix the tractor.

We thought of selling the tractor and moving on with our loses but how can you sell something that is only a year old has 30 hours on the clock and still has issues that were presented from the first day that the tractor was used.
    Who is going to be stupid enough to buy it like that and every day that we wait in the hope that the company would be able to fix all the issues the tractor lose more and more of the value.

All I can say when buying an Enfly tractor is like gambling, do you spend $21,000 instead of $50,000 for a John Deere in the hope you get one that does not have many issues or you Spend $21,000 and save $29,000 but in reality you might be one of the unlucky you get a tractor that there is no much difference if you had placed your $21,000 in the bin.(not as much stress, at least you know from the start where your money went)

Tractor
    JD3720 Cab, 300X loader with 4-in-1 bucket

Can't help, they're not sold in the US. Best I can do is suggest that only other Australian owners contribute.

//greg//
    USN (Ret)
    Former Chinese tractor owner (x4)
    Current John Deere owner

Tractor
    Jinma 284 delivered 06/28/05

Nice polite rant(no real question for the community = rant), sorry you are having problems.

Chinese tractors are definitely not for everyone. One thing I have seen many times here over the years is improperly managed expectations. IE: you buy it with only a little look at it and a bunch of real pretty pictures, and are not prepared for the differences the first time you use it. It is also often the first time the person has dealt with this size/type machine, or any machine. A 25HP tractor will not clear forests and move mountains(very fast anyway), so it is not reasonable to attempt to do so. When someone who dosn't know this going in, first discovers it cannot do what they dreamed it could, there is another big letdown... I am not saying this is what happened with you, I am just relating experiences I have seen and read about.

Are you capable of doing your own maintenance and repair? If not, for the most part unless the servicing dealer is just down the road, a chinese tractor(or any tractor) is not a good idea, because they ALL break eventually. The earth is a tough customer, and anything that works it will eventually loose.

Again, sorry for your difficulties. This forum community is about help and information exchange. If you have some specific issues that perhaps we can help you resolve, we would be glad to help...
    Ron

Tommi1
    I doubt that I can help, but what are the problems with the tractor? Perhaps someone on this board can help you get the tractor going. These guys are always willing to give advice, and most are very good at their wrenching skills.

Advertiser
    Tractor
    Jinma

Tommi1, I may be able to help you with that Enfly, we have a man in China as well in the Shangdong area where the factory is. Look on the engine label and tell me which engine you have in yours and what your problem is.

Ben
    Circle G Tractor Sales, Inc.
    662-252-5272
    Jinma Tractor Parts, Farm Pro Tractor Parts, Farmpro, Nortrack, Agracat

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kioti RX6010C

Tommi,
    1. Get everything in writing. Detail what has gone wrong and all responses in a folder. This is very important. Try to do stuff by letter or email.
    2. Contact Consumer Affairs in your state and lodge a complaint.
    3. They may not have much time to help but if they do it will all be recorded and maybe useful years later.
    4. If they get lots of complaints they may well be able to assist.
    Mike

Tractor
    Enfly 55hp

Thanks everyone, here little bit more about one of the issues.

The tractor is an Enfly DQ 554; 55hp; it only done 30 hours it is only used to cut grass and a few times to move soil from a pile to another spot. It has done no work at all to claim it is been overworked and if you can not do any work in a case it would break then why are they sold as tractors for a farm?

Until this day there are still issues that presented since the very first day but still waiting to be fixed (the company refused to have an independent mechanic to have a look at the tractor claiming it will void the warranty) currently one of the most important issues of the tractor;

Since the start every time the tractor started to move forward or reversed there was a noise of metal friction underneath the back of the tractor that slowly got worse, when their mechanic came to have a look he stated the noise might be the brakes so he tried to loosen up the brakes but the noise was still there. Then a few more months passed and another person came from the company to have a go, by using a wrench key, a screwdriver, grease and after hours of tries he managed to get rid of the noise but then a few days later when we went to use the tractor the noise came back after of only one hour of use.

When we notified the company we were told by the owner that this kind of noise of brake squeal is normal for all tractors (the noise has never been like a brake squeal more as two metals touching each other and sounded as one was going to rib the other) and he claimed if we change the transmission oil with a better grade then we might get some improvement on the noise. Then on the next use of the tractor when we went to cut the grass the noise was still there and with no warning the tractor stopped and the maximal speed we could get was 5km an hour and surprisingly also the noise had disappeared.

If the noise was because of the brakes why now that the tractor won't move more than 5kms an hour, there is no noise? Is there a possibility the issue is relating to what the last person did with his wrench key underneath the tractor? or finaly the noise gave up and cause a damage to the tractor?

I have been trying to contact the company for the last few weeks but they have been ignoring me and last night I emailed the owner saying "since you are ignoring me for the last few weeks I guess you won稚 have an issue if I go through the media and get hold of the current affairs" it took less than an hour for him to reply back by saying "it sounds very (SERIOUS WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO THE TRACTOR) if you want to have it fixed you have to take it to one of our mechanics as the damage is major and cant not be fixed in your place"

"Hi Ron,"

(My bellow reply is how I feel from getting burn and not trying to attack you)

I can稚 argue about the 途ant comment but my original post was relating to the post asking if anybody knows about these tractors, I tried to write about my experiencen but at the same time I did not want to disclose many details as I am planning to take the company to courts.

You stated some people痴 expectations are too high, but we are talking about a price tag of $26,000, a Chinese made or not, how many hours would a reasonable person expect a tractor to work before you start having any kind of troubles and yes, I believe there might be people out there that they abuse the tractors but can anybody claim a 55hp tractor that is only used a few times to cut grass and move dirt from a pile to another spot is been abused. Since I bought the tractor I keep hearing people saying 土ou should not complain it is your mistake for buying a Chinese product? if you look at eBay there are hundreds of people buying a $1.50-$2.00 stuff from china and when they receive the item they go and write negative comments and cry like a baby because it turn to be nothing like the real thing that cost over $100.(their comments are indeed very entertaining) A $26,000 and a $1.50 product especially for a pensioner is a big difference, there should be laws to protect the consumer from big purchases like that. There are laws in Australian for a manufacturer to produce a product in a specific standards and they can be sued if not but at the same time I can稚 see any laws stopping people importing products from China and making big bucks out of people and the only thing you get back is who told you to go and buy a Chinese made.

My expectations when I spend a total price of $26,000 were more than what I have experience. When I was looking to buy a tractor they promised the world of how good the tractors are and how helpful they are with their service and also a good point was they were not far; less than 40km away.

I am also very good with fixing staff but I did not buy something new to spend hours fixing it and once I touch it, it will avoid the warranty and what better excuse for the company. Instead I found myself digging and moving soil with a wheelbarrow so I can put a water tank and I am only 70 years old and still managed to do a better job in the full three days it took me to prepare the area for the water tank.

Tractor
    Enfly 55hp

We ended up getting the Enfly 55hp and it was delivered to site about two months ago and we've been really pleased with it. We've done about 90 hours in it already. We got the backhoe, post hole digger, 5ft slasher and FEL with it. We KNEW we would get what we paid for - especially with the attachments but we were really hoping the actual tractor would be a solid goer and so far it hasn't disappointed us. The FEL has moved quite a few rocks, gravel and dirt and we've widened the fire break with it. So far, so good - but again, we know it will only have a certain limit due to its size. The slasher's only downfall were the chains - but again, we were prepared for this and when the weakest link snapped about an hour into the first job, we replaced them with some heavy duty ones. The slasher has had a really big workout and after I was given a quick lesson on how to drive the tractor (I'm really a woman! gasp!) my husband pointed me in the direction of 300 acres and said 'go for it'. I've slashed about half (and it was fallow farmland with a lot of weeds and small bushes and remnant barley and canola) and the property is looking great.
    The post hole digger was a let down - and we just couldn't get it to dig properly and a weld cracked so that was that. We ended up putting the backhoe back on and dug the required holes with that. The backhoe is pretty good - a bit light but it does the job of digging lots of trenches and post holes. The hydraulics stick a bit but with perseverance you get the hang of the idiosyncrasies and just get on with the job at hand.
    My husband is a maintenance fitter and turner and loader operator so he's made sure the servicing is done on the tractor and the grease and hydraulics are topped up. The slasher did develop a crack in a weld (I hit a few rocks with it) but he put a solid steel plate over it and welded it tight. We figure we'll get what we need to get done with this tractor and couldn't afford anything more (like a John Deere) and as we're nowhere near an Enfly mechanic or service centre etc., the servicing and maintenance is done by my husband and anything that requires modification, he will do. There's not a lot that could go wrong with the tractor motor as it's pretty basic and the tractor itself seems to be a solid unit. As long as you know how to do a bit of welding and replace a few chains, pins and washers that you know will snap (they have to cut costs somewhere to keep the price as low as it is) keep it serviced and remember the tractor's limitations, then I think we've done alright. I have to say I prayed hard not to get a lemon! At the moment, we're pretty happy with it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast