Farm Pro 2425 New Owner

/ Farm Pro 2425 New Owner
15 hours since purchase. Great tractor, has handled all but the toughest jobs (palmetto is some tough stuff).

Blew the small radiator line, the wife about had a coronary, I look out to see a 20ft plume of steam! Was able to match the hose at the local auto parts store. The original delaminated, since it is right behind the rad, blew the cooling system contents onto a hot engine.

About to install some led lighting so I can work after the sun sets in an attempt to get out of the heat.

/ Farm Pro 2425 New Owner #22  
I have been on the lookout for magnet mounted LED lighting so that I can stick them on my Rops on whatever tractor I happen to be using. It is rare that I am out after dark, so I hoped to make it more sensible by moving them around from tractor to tractor.

If you get something you think is really interesting, let us know. Both of my tractors are weak on alternator capacity, so that is why I am trying to hang with LEDs instead of other types.

/ Farm Pro 2425 New Owner #23  
What you do is get one of these: 12 Volt Halogen Vehicle Work Light, pop out the bulb and install one of these: ST-WHP10 Tail Lamp and mount it on one of these: 3 14 Diameter Shallow Pot Magnet 50 Lb Pull by Office Depot.
You can probably buy all the fixins' locally for better prices. Don't forget the wire and cigarette lighter connections. After you have gone through several evolutions of changing lights, you'll eventually opt for the flip of a switch. Been there - done that.
You can also go this route: http://truckntow.com/p-25833-trilliant-3x5-mini-led-work-lights.aspx

Probably the best value per lumen, and it already has a magnet: http://www.magnalight.com/pc-47551-559-led-flood-light-w-magnetic-base--compact-design--05-amp-draw--32-leds--500-lumen--9-32vdc.aspx

I understand you are saying that when it gets dark on one tractor you switch tractors until it gets dark again. Please tell me how that works. :laughing::confused2:

Last edited:
   / Farm Pro 2425 New Owner #24  
What you do is get one of these: 12 Volt Halogen Vehicle Work Light, pop out the bulb and install one of these: ST-WHP10 Tail Lamp and mount it on one of these: 3 14 Diameter Shallow Pot Magnet 50 Lb Pull by Office Depot.
You can probably buy all the fixins' locally for better prices. Don't forget the wire and cigarette lighter connections. After you have gone through several evolutions of changing lights, you'll eventually opt for the flip of a switch. Been there - done that.
You can also go this route: Trilliant 3x5 Mini LED Work Lights

Probably the best value per lumen, and it already has a magnet: LED Flood Light w/ Magnetic Base - Compact Design - 0.5 Amp Draw - 32 LEDs - 500 Lumen - 9-32VDC - MagnaLight

I understand you are saying that when it gets dark on one tractor you switch tractors until it gets dark again. Please tell me how that works. :laughing::confused2:

Thanks for the ideas. For some reason I never really thought about brewing my own lights. I must have sludge in my brain.

I know it sounds funny about the switching tractors at dark bit...but most of you guys move real work with your tractors, but me, I only live on an acre, so I don't have much real tractor work to do. I used to work tractors all the time, so for some reason when I get out to do a project, the project is stacked up pretty tight time wise just like when I farmed, and sometimes that puts me out after dark.

Having the BX Kubota is legit enough, and has done a ton of work over the years. But the Farmpro, that one is just because I need to do a little digging, and so does a buddy, so I wanted it. Some things I just want because I want them, and life is at least as short as it ever was, so I am trying to give up justifying everything to the nth degree. But this thread caught me doing exactly that...trying to say "I barely need lights, so to justify them to myself, I will move them back and forth" which is about the best way to take and joy out of having them. Nah...I'm going to get good lights permanently installed and enjoy them with the flick of a switch. That's the smart move if I am ready to be smart.

/ Farm Pro 2425 New Owner #25  
I "brewed up" my own lights like that for the backhoe and stuck them on the boom to see down into holes & pits. If they get knocked off they don't get destroyed. The LED back up lamps are very bright and almost bullet proof.