Jinma Shuttle Shift

/ Jinma Shuttle Shift #1  

mitchash

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra MAX 28XL, Jinma 254 (Sold)
I have a 06/07 Jinma 254 with the creeper gear that I never use and since I now have a Coldwater loader the shuttle shift option would be nice. I was wondering if it was worth putting a shuttle shift in and if so how much would it cost? I would guess I would have to split the tractor and take out the creeper gear.
Thanks,
Ash

/ Jinma Shuttle Shift #2  
I think it would be simple and easier to just trade for a different tractor with shuttle shift. As far as I know, the 06 JM 254 didn't offer shuttle shift, but I could very well be mistaken.

/ Jinma Shuttle Shift
I guess not having the shuttle shift isn't so bad.

/ Jinma Shuttle Shift
I bought my tractor new (in crate) for $5999. and the shuttle shift was an option then, but I read on here that they had problems with them.

/ Jinma Shuttle Shift #6  
Too bad you passed on shuttle shift. In my estimation, the problems I've read about have generally been superficial; usually external and typically and an easy fix.

//greg//

/ Jinma Shuttle Shift #7  
I use my creeper gear all the time. I don't think I would want to be without it:)

/ Jinma Shuttle Shift #8  
Shuttle Ron, not creeper.

//greg//

/ Jinma Shuttle Shift #9  
No, Creeper gear... I do not have shuttle shift. I use creeper(low low) gear nearly every time I use my tractor, particularly when I am working with dirt...

/ Jinma Shuttle Shift #10  
You missed my point. This topic is about shuttle shifts, not creeper gears. The mid-connect box can contain either shuttle gears or creeper gears, not both. Shuttle is a lever that takes reverse off the gear shift and lets you go into reverse regardless of what gear you're in.

//greg//