Hydraulic top link

/ Hydraulic top link #1  
   / Hydraulic top link #2  
I like it a lot too, and I just walked up on it. :D You seem to have a great setup there, and not just the tractor and mower. Good for you! I hope it serves you well.

/ Hydraulic top link #3  
I love my hydraulic top link too, it just seems so natural.

/ Hydraulic top link #5  
That looks like one of those gimmicky DPCV toplinks. Hate to burst your bubble, but that toplink is too short. Yes, it's great that you can lift up the deck and see underneath. But it also means you'll be mowing with the ram extended well past half its length. If you forget to pin the sidelinks before mowing some day, you're gonna bend it. If the seller is willing, I think you should trade that one in for a longer version. Nice looking tractor by the way.

//greg//

/ Hydraulic top link
There are two lengths available of this top link
1) 21" retracted with a 11" stroke which this one is or
2) 18" retracted with a 8" stroke.

This top link is longer than my regular top link and has a 1.2" rod which seems quite strong. This link is made in germany and seems to be of high quality.

Cleat

/ Hydraulic top link #7  
I bought my toplink from Brian at Fit-Rite Hydraulics ( Fit Rite Hydraulics - fitritehydraulics.com). The service, packaging, and product are top-shelf. With Brian's toplink, his hydraulic restrictor, and a borrrowed boxblade, I was able to reconstruct a 400 ft gravel drive.

You cannot go wrong with Fit-Rite Hydraulics.

/ Hydraulic top link #8  
With my 1600lb 8ft bush hog, I am having to constantly readjust the length every 1-2 minutes. I'm trying to figure out if I should have bought one with a check valve or if a 1600lb implement is simply too much for the top link. I have the 2.5" cylinder with 1.5" rod and 10" stroke.

/ Hydraulic top link
Mine never moves. You can raise the mower shut down the tractor and move the hydraulic levers and it still doesn't move. Unless you have hydraulic pressure it stays put. The pilot valves work very well and I am glad mine has them.

Cleat

/ Hydraulic top link #10  
With my 1600lb 8ft bush hog, I am having to constantly readjust the length every 1-2 minutes. I'm trying to figure out if I should have bought one with a check valve or if a 1600lb implement is simply too much for the top link. I have the 2.5" cylinder with 1.5" rod and 10" stroke.

If your disconnects are leak proof poppets, and you can safely disconnect them, if it still creeps, it is your cylinder packing. In industrial (most of my experience) I find it is usually the spool.

If a cylinder is in compression, a leak in the seal will not result in movement because it reverts to a simple ram. But you are likely talking about it leaking in the direction of ram extension, so a ram seal can cause that problem I believe.