Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Dongfeng 254G2
    DF 254G2 with cab and Townsunny fel-250 loader with Prince Hydraulics joystick. BE 72" finishing mower and 72" snowblower with hydraulic rotation and deflection. Hydraulic top link, 72" Townsunny box blade. Adaptor to mount 3pt attachments on front end loader in place of the bucket. Woodmax 8" hydraulic feed wood chipper (makes the poor DF work). Pallet forks that mount front or rear.

R.I.P.
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Default Re: Hydraulic top link

I like it a lot too, and I just walked up on it. You seem to have a great setup there, and not just the tractor and mower. Good for you! I hope it serves you well.

Tractor
    Yuchai Bulldozer

I love my hydraulic top link too, it just seems so natural.
    Yuchai YCT dozer, Mustang 2040 skid steer, Mitsubishi MS035 Mini-Ex, Trimble equipped 7' Dual Dozer, and a LiTW BH7600 back hoe for sale.

Tractor
    Future Foton 504 with FEL owner

Nice setup, where did you buy the HTL?

Tractor
    JD3720 Cab, 300X loader with 4-in-1 bucket

That looks like one of those gimmicky DPCV toplinks. Hate to burst your bubble, but that toplink is too short. Yes, it's great that you can lift up the deck and see underneath. But it also means you'll be mowing with the ram extended well past half its length. If you forget to pin the sidelinks before mowing some day, you're gonna bend it. If the seller is willing, I think you should trade that one in for a longer version. Nice looking tractor by the way.

//greg//
    USN (Ret)
    Former Chinese tractor owner (x4)
    Current John Deere owner

Tractor
    Dongfeng 254G2

There are two lengths available of this top link
    1) 21" retracted with a 11" stroke which this one is or
    2) 18" retracted with a 8" stroke.

This top link is longer than my regular top link and has a 1.2" rod which seems quite strong. This link is made in germany and seems to be of high quality.

Cleat
    DF 254G2 with cab and Townsunny fel-250 loader with Prince Hydraulics joystick. BE 72" finishing mower and 72" snowblower with hydraulic rotation and deflection. Hydraulic top link, 72" Townsunny box blade. Adaptor to mount 3pt attachments on front end loader in place of the bucket. Woodmax 8" hydraulic feed wood chipper (makes the poor DF work). Pallet forks that mount front or rear.

Tractor
    Jinma 284

I bought my toplink from Brian at Fit-Rite Hydraulics ( Fit Rite Hydraulics - fitritehydraulics.com). The service, packaging, and product are top-shelf. With Brian's toplink, his hydraulic restrictor, and a borrrowed boxblade, I was able to reconstruct a 400 ft gravel drive.

You cannot go wrong with Fit-Rite Hydraulics.
    Steve Anderson

Jinma 284LE w/Creeper/Koyker 160 Loader/Markham Toothbar, Frame mounted HWO4X backhoe, 64" John Deere 3 PH Snow blower,3 PH splitter, Bro-Tek thumb, Jinma 8" chipper, Loader mounted Meyer plow

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Rusty junk

With my 1600lb 8ft bush hog, I am having to constantly readjust the length every 1-2 minutes. I'm trying to figure out if I should have bought one with a check valve or if a 1600lb implement is simply too much for the top link. I have the 2.5" cylinder with 1.5" rod and 10" stroke.

Tractor
    Dongfeng 254G2

Mine never moves. You can raise the mower shut down the tractor and move the hydraulic levers and it still doesn't move. Unless you have hydraulic pressure it stays put. The pilot valves work very well and I am glad mine has them.

Cleat

R.I.P.
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Quote Originally Posted by PoorPlowboy View Post
    With my 1600lb 8ft bush hog, I am having to constantly readjust the length every 1-2 minutes. I'm trying to figure out if I should have bought one with a check valve or if a 1600lb implement is simply too much for the top link. I have the 2.5" cylinder with 1.5" rod and 10" stroke.
    If your disconnects are leak proof poppets, and you can safely disconnect them, if it still creeps, it is your cylinder packing. In industrial (most of my experience) I find it is usually the spool.

If a cylinder is in compression, a leak in the seal will not result in movement because it reverts to a simple ram. But you are likely talking about it leaking in the direction of ram extension, so a ram seal can cause that problem I believe.
    Which is bigger?: a) $100 per month since the Big Bang or b) the US National Debt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast