Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions...

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #41  
Being in sales to make sure payroll happens has lead me to divide prospects from suspects in rapid order but that did not happen after just one phone call.

When buying stuff I ask name and physical address with zip for the GPS and try to use phone, text and email in the process of gaining more info.

Showing up with $5K-$10K of cash to an unknown location/seller is JUST too much risk to assume at my age where it is 100 or 1000 miles away.

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #42  
HAhaha who the h.e.ll sends a potential buyer a video of them being hard on the equipment they want to sell?

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions...
I did take advice and email the fella, still no response. I think it is safe to say there is no misunderstanding. For whatever reason, he is not selling me the dozer. I am still on the hunt for one of these if anyone gets a lead on one, preferably within 500 miles of Memphis but would travel further for the "right" dozer. I would also be interested in one of the small Mitsubishi BD2G machines or a Komatsu D20. Thanks again for everyone's help.

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #44  
I have learned to count my blessings when I learned the seller was not a straight talking/acting like of guy and the deal did not happen. :)

In many parts the equipment market is weak. Now that may not apply in TX where we have seen 8000 pieces of heavy equipment from AR border down to the Alamo when MAJOR road building is underway.

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #45  
I would also be interested in one of the small Mitsubishi BD2G machines or a Komatsu D20. Thanks again for everyone's help.
Steer away from the ones with the LGP "swamp" tracks. Most of those were used in rice ponds and imported to the US.
You might also consider a good used Case 350, or a Deere 350.

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #46  
Now that may not apply in TX where we have seen 8000 pieces of heavy equipment from AR border down to the Alamo when MAJOR road building is underway.

I was working for Cat when the I-5 corridor was plowing through the Seattle area. Nothing but yellow iron for as far as you could see, save for a few lime green Euc's.

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #47  
Have you checked the AR state surplus website? They sell to the public the first, second, and third Wednesday of each month if I remember correctly. Please verify that. I picked up a 2001 DIG-IT ICC 7000fc 4cyl Cummins 80hp 4B powered with 90 actual hours on it for $8k from them back in May. Forestry Commission surplus. They had one more at that price with about 200 hours, though I'm sure its gone by now. Also had a 2000-02 JD 450 with ~800 hrs for 18k.

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #48  
I should add that the dozers never went on to their website or auction on govdeals. It may be worth a call to the Marketing and Redistribution warehouse to see if they have any in inventory.

Thanks for the tips, I'll check those out right now.

Hey Mr. Bob I ran across a Hitachi DX45 that seems to be in very good shape. My only concern is that I searched for parts online and have found absolutely NOTHING, not even filters. Do you know anything about these dozers or where parts may be found? After doing a little research it seems to me that they are the same unit as a Furukawa FD40 dozer and parts SHOULD interchange between the two but I was unable to locate any parts for those machines either.