Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions...

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #51  
I know little about the Hitachi's, except that a local dealer has had one on his lot for over two years. They are in the same league as the Chinese YCT406 which is the 40 HP version of my dozer, but they are no longer in production, which I believe to be the case of the Hitachi.
I noticed there are some parts available by just doing a Google search. I also noticed that there are quite a few for sale. Don't know if that means anything. Maybe contact a current owner?

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions...
Well I am headed down to Hot Springs, Arkansas this weekend to look at a couple of dozers. An equipment dealer has a Komatsu D21P and a Mitsubishi BD2G series II. Both look pretty well used in the pics but he says they are solid mechanically. Will find out this weekend.

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #53  
For private use one can get some good cost/value ratios out of old equipment that is mechanically sound. let us know what you find out.

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions...
Well, I went yesterday to Hot Springs and looked at both dozers. I was dissapointed with both machines. Without going into a long post I will just say that both had potentially serious mechanical problems. BUT........ I found a Komatsu D21P-6 on craigslist last night that looked awesome. I called the owner and we made a deal over the phone and I am planning to leave Tuesday morning to pick it up. It is located in Indianapolis which is around a 10 hour drive per mapquest. The owner says it needs absolutely nothing and challenged me to find anything at all wrong with it. I am certainly hoping this is the end of my quest for a dozer. Here is a picture, I will keep everyone updated.

KGrHqNk8FBmuFecDDBQb3KsmIew60_57.jpg

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #55  
Maybe you can get him to throw in that a-c garden tractor too. Both machines look pretty sweet.

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #56  
Komatsu D21P-6 Diesel Crwlr Chassis Only Service Manual
If it does not come with the shop manual this sounds nice.

KOMATSU SMALL DOZER MODELS EXPLAINED

That is one nice dozer. Sure does not look 20-25 years old.

http://www.machinerytrader.com/list/list.aspx?ETID=1&Manu=KOMATSU&Mdltxt=D21P-6

A bit pricey perhaps but here are two in jointing states of the other deal does not match what you were told or he sells it before you get there. I noticed one has a brush cab built on it.

I like this line of dozer because they are so common so parts and service should be easy to come by. That type of track is interesting too. Being 9000 pounds makes it easy to move them too. Keep us posted.

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #57  
Maybe you can get him to throw in that a-c garden tractor too. Both machines look pretty sweet.

2x on both. Sure looks like they go together. :)

Check out leak stains on the cylinders showing and the blade support arm running back under the dozer.

Traveller® RENEW Tractor Fluid, 5 gal. - 8060038 | Tractor Supply Company

I put the high end RENEW in our backhoe and it stopped some cylinders that were dripping. In trying to get the water out of the system I drained it out a time or two and put it in the dump truck since when dumping the pump lost a lot of fluid. What I drained was was just a mix of RENEW in the JD fluid the last owner had put in it but after I dumped about 10+ loads I noted the dump pump was no longer pouring oil. I swear the stuff in the dump truck looks like it has not been changed since new in 1989.

Get us some working pictures ASAP.

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #58  
Hope you aren't dissapointed in the LGP (swamp tracks). They have been known to be problematic. I understand that there were a lot of these imported from rice fields overseas.

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #59  
I did read a reference referring to these Komatsu dozers as grey market dozers? Is this like some tractors that were not made for the USA market?

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #60  
Yes. The ones with the LGP tracks are grey-market rigs.