Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions...

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #61  
Fresh paint and new decals makes them look nice though.

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #63  
Bob thanks for that warning link. I have been scanning Komatsu six way dozers for a few years because they are so interesting.

Is there an easy way from serial numbers, ect to detect which ones are USA models and which ones have been marked to pass as USA models? I do find it hard however to believe major parts are not the same.

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #64  
I don't have that specific info, but I'm sure it exists. Komatsu must have that info, or possibly a local dealer.

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #65  
I have to clarify my previous post. I am not 100% sure that ALL of the LGP tracked dozers are grey-market, just the ones that I've seen on dealers lots.

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions...
I have been studying the pictures he sent me very closely. I don't know if I am just paranoid or if there is a crack in the frame. If you zoom in on this picture about 6 inches in front of the right track on the corner of the frame that lifts the blade it looks like there is a crack in the frame around 1.5 inches long. It is just under the cylinder on the corner of what I believe to be called the C-frame. What do you fellas think? Could it be a crack or am I just paranoid? To see it I had to save the picture to my computer and zoom in. I drew a black circle around it.

lastdent.jpg

Last edited:
   / Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #67  
Different manufacturers call the "C-Frame" different names, but generically it's referred to as the wishbone. The crack you are referring to appears to be a crack in the sheet metal guard for the tilt cylinder hoses. That would be the least of your worries (if any). Just hope it isn't one of the grey-market tractors.

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #68  
Good eyes there. Clearly when side by side the arms (C frame) do not look identical but that could be normal.

I would want to know why he is selling it. I think with all the cylinders seeming to be weeping it has a lot hours on it perhaps.

Another question is why did he not use it enough to wear the paint off of the blade. If the oil leaks/stains got that bad before wearing the paint off of the blade I would be concerned. While these photos do not show the drive sprockets well the tracks seem to be on the tight side compared to other used photos of like machines. I was looking a new like Case and thought the tracks were too loose but found the manual specs (on a decal on the dozer I think) and the sag was factory spec. As kid we learned what happened when we ran our bike chains too tight.

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions... #69  
Bob I thinK he is talking about the line in the 'wishbone' and BELOW the hose guard. What it is I do not know but zoomed to 400% it does look like a crack perhaps.

/ Nortrac / Yuchai Dozer questions...
Bob, the crack I was concerned with is just below the crack you pointed out. It is on the main frame there on the upper edge directly below the area I think you are talking about. I had to zoom in on it real close to see it and I still am not 100 percent sure it's a crack but I believe it is.