Backhoe for Jinma 254

/ Backhoe for Jinma 254
Wasn't there a thread and website on modifing the problems out of the Jinma backhoe? I found one for about half the cost of the other ones I have looked at.

/ Backhoe for Jinma 254 #13  
The factory Jinmas used JW03 sub frame mounts they were/are OK not great I have one which has worked well enough but they have hyd cylinder issues. I broke 2 cylinders broken & had to re-weld them,

/ Backhoe for Jinma 254 #14  
I've seen a thread, but I don't think it was on TBN. It included such things as welding bar stock strips near some of the pins to make sure the metal doesn't spread and allow the pin to be freed at one end. Some pins got a mild touch weld. Another thing the thread mentioned was to shore up the subframe if yours is weak...some were, but some later ones were stronger. The last thing it mentioned is tying into the top link mount with some new steel to make the sub frame more rigid.

My laptop was stolen during a break-in, so my links are gone now. I saw other links were folks lowered the return line to be lower in the tank to cut down on aeration. It should be modified at the same time, possibly getting away from the banjo fitting altogether so that the back pressure is lowered. Some folks at that point add a filter cartridge under the valve ( a return filter) to keep the fluid cleaned up.

I saw links where people were slowing down some of the movements, particularly the boom movement by drilling small holes in pennies and inserting them in the plumbing near the control valve.

I personally found evidence of water encroachment in mine when I first bought it (it had been outdoors for years.) So I keep silicone rubber covers over the fill hole and the dipstick to make sure water can't get in during a rain. It may also deflect a bit of dust.

I hear the seals in the cylinders are lousy (when original) so it pays to have spares, and the spares are a different material in many cases, and is better and more durable.

I hear the mechanics are very strong with these minor modifications, and you can get descent work out of them.
If I find any of the links, I'll post them.

Edit:This site is great, and this link is good
http://johnstractor.homestead.com/Hoeinfo.html

/ Backhoe for Jinma 254
Thanks! That was the site I read the backhoe modifications on. Where do you get your spare (better) seals?

/ Backhoe for Jinma 254 #16  
Thanks! That was the site I read the backhoe modifications on. Where do you get your spare (better) seals?

I haven't bought spares yet, but maybe Affordable Tractor has them. I didn't see them listed you could call and ask.

/ Backhoe for Jinma 254 #17  
Well my HW-03 BH is probably as modified as any out there. I have documented most all of the changes, some fairly major. One is here on this forum
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/chinese-tractors/111225-jinma-hw03-backhoe-return-filter-2.html

Three are over on the Chinese tractor world forum.
CHINESE TRACTOR WORLD FORUMS - Login

These are far from refined machines, but they are very functional. For the price I paid for mine, i don't mind doing the things i did to make it more functional than it already was. I am still a long way ahead dollar wise, and have a very capable machine(digs like it is trying to get back to china:))

/ Backhoe for Jinma 254 #18  
Well my HW-03 BH is probably as modified as any out there. I have documented most all of the changes, some fairly major. One is here on this forum
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/chinese-tractors/111225-jinma-hw03-backhoe-return-filter-2.html

These are far from refined machines, but they are very functional. For the price I paid for mine, i don't mind doing the things i did to make it more functional than it already was. I am still a long way ahead dollar wise, and have a very capable machine(digs like it is trying to get back to china:))

Thank-you. I am trying to restore links lost when my laptop was stolen. In your travels, if you find more, I'd bet glad to see them.

/ Backhoe for Jinma 254 #19  
I imported my BH myself for well under $2000 delivered to the local seaport. Although I ordered a frame mount HW03, I ended up with a seven foot frame mounted rig with PN HW04X complete with frame, pump, hoses, tank, etc. I'm sure glad it was low dollars because the quality is really garbage with broken pins, missing parts, wrong parts, broken joystick linkages, leaking swing cylinders, incurable hose leak, etc. The second best (or best?) place to mount one of these is in the dumpster.

Don't get me wrong, Jinma was always there for me with replacement parts and they really did a good job but unless you buy it really cheap to make up for all the problems, stay away.

/ Backhoe for Jinma 254 #20  

Looking at the modifications, what occurs to me is that none of them would have added appreciably to the manufacturing cost. On the one hand that means that we shouldn't be surprised if Jinma gets their act together and starts producing a much better product; on the other it's discouraging that they could produce a better product but don't.