Buying Advice Considering Jinma 284

/ Considering Jinma 284 #1  

techminer

Tractor
Kubota BX2230
Tractor newbie here. Considering 2004 Jinma 284 4X4 w/FEL. Any big problems with these tractors to be worried about?

Thanks for any advice.

/ Considering Jinma 284 #2  
Just like any used tractor check it out good, Electrical, clutch, 4 x 4 , loader, leaks,look in the Oil make sure no water is in there, Rad. clean ect. Parts are not a problem.I have found with the older tractors they run better, shift better once they have some hours on them.

Most of the time you can tell on the overall condition if it was taken care of, its 8-9 years old now

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales
"Your Jinma Parts Superstore"

Home of compact Jinma, Foton, and Koyker Tractors and Parts, Wood Chippers, Backhoes - Affordable Tractor Sales Company

/ Considering Jinma 284 #3  
I have an 2002 that I bought NEW on my own. had it ever since broke it a few times using it like a bulldozer bought parts form Tommy above (affordable) had excellent service for parts so don't let that scare ya. mine only has 500 hours but like I said it is well used ;) first day after assembly I took it across the bridge and straight thru multa-floral rose that were 20' high (should have been wearing a suit of armor for that job.! :eek:

Mark

/ Considering Jinma 284 #4  
Got one I bought new in July 2003. 900 hours and I have had to only replace the thermostat, rad cap, starter(not really bad but they came out with a better one), battery, a hydro hose, and the front tires. Its been a great machine. Just wear items other than the hose that went bad.

Chris

/ Considering Jinma 284 #5  
I have an 05, and it works great. Probably better if you can do your own work, and don't mind crawling all over it occasionally with a wrench. I find it a good simple tractor that is relatively easy to work on. Gotto go get mine out of the barn now and use it to pull some trees i am falling in the right direction:)

/ Considering Jinma 284 #6  
I bought a new 2005 284 in 2007. You'll find that bolts work loose easy so you'll have to keep an eye on them and tighten on a regular basis. Mine only has about 300 hours on it now, I've replaced the rad hoses and installed an inline coolant heater for those cold starts [OK now down to -35C] as the rubber on the original hoses failed. I had one length of hydralic hose blow a hole, and had to replace one hydralic pump because I was playing with the pressure relief valve and messed up. ;-) The rubber O rings in the FEL controller also seem to fail quite easily, but they are easily replaced when you need to get rid of those annoying little hyd oil leaks.

I am not very mechanical, but with the ability to search this forum and get some great directions from the regulars I've managed to fix just about everything myself....so working on your prospective purchase isn't hard either. The 284 Jinma has been a good little work horse for me, moving snow, hauling dirt and landscaping on our 160 acres. I have a rear blade, tiller, and harrow for accessories... hope this helps you in making your decision.

/ Considering Jinma 284 #7  
I have a 08 model year and my only complaint is without useing the block heater It will not start in the winter. But we avetage -10 dec celcius over night here

/ Considering Jinma 284 #8  
I have an 06 that has been a great little tractor -- after initial problems with the clutch safety switch, regulator and a FEL hose that was routed wrong and got pinched, I have only replaced wear parts. Starting in winter (last night was -18c) requires block heater or glow plugs and compression release. Hydraulics also need AW32. If the tractor has had a least reasonable maintenance and storage it should be fine -- check the items Tommy talks about above and if you don't know much about tractors, find someone who does to help you go over it. These are not sophisticated machines so if you like to work on you own equipment, these machines are relatively easy to figure out

/ Considering Jinma 284 #9  
I have a 08 model year and my only complaint is without useing the block heater It will not start in the winter. But we avetage -10 dec celcius over night here
That would be true of a lot of diesels:)

/ Considering Jinma 284 #10  
The 284 are simple units, no computer chips just like the old fords, for the money you can' t beat them. Check your lift, 4wd, engine oil and things that have been mentioned. We carry all the parts for that unit and they are all reasonable priced. If you need help for anything this is a good site to get it or give us a call if we can answer any of your questions.

Ben
Jinma Tractor Parts, Farm Pro Tractor Parts, Farmpro, Nortrack, Agracat