Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Jinma 354, purchased 2007

Default Power steering hydraulic fitting ID

Does anyone know what kind of fitting is on the end of the power steering outlet hose on a Jinma 354? This is the hose I'm talking about:
    Outlet pipe II

One end has a 90-degree male threaded pipe that goes into a banjo fitting on the priority valve. It's the other end I'm interested in. It's a female threaded fitting, I don't know how to ID it.

Alternately, does anyone know the diameter of that hose?

The background: I want to add remote hydraulics to my tractor. I need a hydraulic return line for that. My hydraulic tank only has one opening, which is the return pipe from the power steering. That's a hard pipe and I don't feel like cutting it. At the tank there's no possibility of teeing in because the connection is right behind the 3-point hitch control. The other end is at the priority valve and there is no room to tee because the FEL bracket is right up against it. The return from the power steering is a hose running from the steering box to the priority valve. It seems my best bets are either to put a tee between the steering box and the hose, or to cut the hose and put in a barbed tee.

To put a tee on the end of the hose I need to know what kind of fitting it is. To cut the hose i need to know the hose diameter.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Advertiser
    Platinum Member

Default Re: Power steering hydraulic fitting ID

I think it's a 18mm ORFS O-ring Face seal, if you will call the shop we can try to help you 979-865-4002, however I know these fittings are a pain in the A ** to cross

Tommy
    Affordable Tractor Sales
    "Your Jinma Parts Superstore"
    Home of compact Jinma, Foton, and Koyker Tractors and Parts, Wood Chippers, Backhoes - Affordable Tractor Sales Company

Platinum Member
    Tractor

Thanks Tommy.

I did some quick googling on ORFS metric fittings and what I learned was enough to scare me away. So now I'm thinking I have three options: cut and tee into the hose between the steering box the priority valve, cut and tee into the pipe between the priority valve and the hydraulic tank, or drill and tap into the hydraulic tank.

None of the three seem particularly easy. Anybody have any thoughts?

Thanks.

R.I.P.
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Quote Originally Posted by quicksandfarmer View Post
    Thanks Tommy.

I did some quick googling on ORFS metric fittings and what I learned was enough to scare me away. So now I'm thinking I have three options: cut and tee into the hose between the steering box the priority valve, cut and tee into the pipe between the priority valve and the hydraulic tank, or drill and tap into the hydraulic tank.

None of the three seem particularly easy. Anybody have any thoughts?

Thanks.
    Is the hose size common and known? If so, I'd see if there are reusable fittings for that size and go that route.

But if not, I'd drill the top, unless:

On my tractor, I have a quick connect that comes out the back that was supposed to handle a dump trailer. But, on the opposite side of that QD, there is a pipe that is to allow draining the hydraulic fluid out of the lift body (for fluid changes). If I had to do it, I'd use that on my tractor. So, it begs the question...can the drain for your lift body (even if it is different than mine) be pressed into service for your task?

Platinum Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by EE_Bota View Post
    Is the hose size common and known? If so, I'd see if there are reusable fittings for that size and go that route.

But if not, I'd drill the top, unless:

On my tractor, I have a quick connect that comes out the back that was supposed to handle a dump trailer. But, on the opposite side of that QD, there is a pipe that is to allow draining the hydraulic fluid out of the lift body (for fluid changes). If I had to do it, I'd use that on my tractor. So, it begs the question...can the drain for your lift body (even if it is different than mine) be pressed into service for your task?
    I have looked and looked and cannot find a drain on my hydraulic tank. I agree that would be easiest. I'm not saying it's not there, I just can't find it.

R.I.P.
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Quote Originally Posted by quicksandfarmer View Post
    I have looked and looked and cannot find a drain on my hydraulic tank. I agree that would be easiest. I'm not saying it's not there, I just can't find it.
    Mine is a Farmpro, year on fender 2004. It is supposed to be like a 304. The drain pipe on mine originates at the right rear of the lift box at the very bottom. I'm sure if your's were in the same place, you'd find it.

If mine didn't have a drain, and I wanted a new entrance, I'd be tempted to make a drain if the setup made me feel I could pull it off without ruining anything.

Tractor
    JD3720 Cab, 300X loader with 4-in-1 bucket

The drain on my JM254 was at the rear of the lift box, hopefully yours is the same. Look above and to the left of the PTO shaft. There's one hex head that looks out of place. That should be the hydraulic sump drain.

Can't remember with my Jinmas, but here's a photo of how to connect additional hydraulics to my TS354C. Haven't seen fittings like these - the gold colored ones - on mainstream tractors. So if your Jinma has locations to which they can be installed, you'll almost certainly have to get them from a Chinese tractor dealer.

//greg//
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -cimg0005-jpg  
    USN (Ret)
    Former Chinese tractor owner (x4)
    Current John Deere owner

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Can you retap the fill/vent port to take a "T"? This will allow you to still have a fill/vent and use the other leg of the "T" to install your new return.

Chris

Platinum Member
    Tractor

I'll take a look, but the fill/vent is under the seat, I have to slide the seat forward to check the level. I'm not sure I can fit a tee in there.

Tractor
    Jinma 284

I added rear and front remotes to my Jinma 284. Attached is a photo of the drain. I put an NPT cross on the existing return line. It was already NPT so I just added more off the shelf connections.

-return-jpg
    Steve Anderson

Jinma 284LE w/Creeper/Koyker 160 Loader/Markham Toothbar, Frame mounted HWO4X backhoe, 64" John Deere 3 PH Snow blower,3 PH splitter, Bro-Tek thumb, Jinma 8" chipper, Loader mounted Meyer plow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast