Taishan Tractors

/ Taishan Tractors #1  

stampede38899

Tractor
Tiashan Dragon 270
I have a Taisahn Dragon 270 tractor. I was wanting to know if anyone has used one or knows about there reputation. I did talk to ARTRAC and they have some parts and even told me that he had a direct link to the company in China. Thats a releif, atleast I can get some partd for the little tractor. I also want to know when I change the oil, should I fill it between the lines of the dipstick or all the way to the top line. also what kind of oil is best for it? I dont live where it gets real cold but does get down to the mid tens some.Heat is our main thing in summer.
Thanks

/ Taishan Tractors #2  
Assuming you mean engine oil, 15W40 is best for year round use in moderate climates. I think NC qualifies as moderate. Asian dipsticks are either threaded or not. If threaded, check levels with threads just sitting on the hole (not screwed back in). If not threaded, check level with it pushed all the way in. Either way, fill to the top mark on the dipstick. Only exception to that is dipstick with only one mark. In my experience, that's been the full mark. If you have one of those, do not add until the dipstick comes out dry.Only then fill to the single mark on the dipstick.

//greg//

/ Taishan Tractors
thanks for the info. i meant to say engine oil. Mines has the two marks and does not screw in, it just fits snug. how much oil will it take?i also bought some oil cartrigdes from ARTRAC. He told me they were cartridges instead of a spin on type. thats what im thinking.

/ Taishan Tractors #4  
Not familiar with the engine in a 270, I assume that means 27hp and 2wd. I seem to recall my 35hp TaiShan took about 6 qts. But to be safe, you should start with a new filter cartridge and 4 qts, then check the dipstick. Oh - and when you change the filter cartridge, it's a good idea to also replace the big O-ring at the top of the filter housing. Then make sure you have the housing centered exactly before you tighten down the hex-head. Otherwise you risk cutting the O-ring.

//greg//

/ Taishan Tractors
On my Tiasahn I have 2 levers on the right where you operate the rear lift. What is the smaller lever used for?

/ Taishan Tractors #7  
On my Tiasahn I have 2 levers on the right where you operate the rear lift. What is the smaller lever used for?
Inside lever is lift/lower, outside lever is draft control

//greg//