Fuse Replacment

/ Fuse Replacment #1  

Jinma284

Silver Member
Tractor
Jinma 284
I want to replace the fuses on my 2002 284 Jinma. The fuse box lays flat on top and has 5 fuses. When I stand on the side of the tractor that has the fuel lines I read the fuse sizes as follows: 1. no size 2. no size 3. 10 amp 4. 20 amp 5. 30 amp. Anyone know what size 1 and 2 would be? Thanks Pat

/ Fuse Replacment #2  
Spare fuse holders

//greg//

/ Fuse Replacment
The Bussman fuses that I purchased are a little too wide to plug in, should I file them down a little to get them in?

/ Fuse Replacment #4  
You didn't say which type Bussman. If I'm not mistaken, ATC stye fuses should be a direct replacement.
atc_wm.jpg
That said, quite a few folks have actually pulled out the OE fuse box in favor of an aftermarket replacement.

//greg//

/ Fuse Replacment
ATV style is too small. The closest was MAX. I may have to replace the fuse box but I think I will try filing a little off the outside edge of both prongs and see what happens. Pat

/ Fuse Replacment #6  
ATV style is too small. The closest was MAX. I may have to replace the fuse box but I think I will try filing a little off the outside edge of both prongs and see what happens. Pat

Greg said "ATC". They are a perfect fit.

/ Fuse Replacment #7  
Yes, automotive fuses are one thing has become almost universally standardized. There are the three sizes of blade fuses and then three or four sizes of circuit breakers. The circuit breakers use a standardized contact configuration, too. Much better than the way things were a few decades ago.

/ Fuse Replacment
My bad, I meant to type ATC. The width of ATC prongs from one side to the other is 7/16th. The width between the prong holders on my 2002 is 6/16th. These are the really old fuses that came on the 2002 Jinma. I'll let you know if filing off a little on each prong works. Pat

/ Fuse Replacment #9  
   / Fuse Replacment #10  
My bad, I meant to type ATC. The width of ATC prongs from one side to the other is 7/16th. The width between the prong holders on my 2002 is 6/16th. These are the really old fuses that came on the 2002 Jinma. I'll let you know if filing off a little on each prong works. Pat
Yeah, ATC is the wrong size fuse for that tractor. If you look at that diagram I provided above, you'll see the blade width of an ATC is 14.2mm. That converts to 0.55 inch. Your stated "6/16th" is only 0.375" inch. Folks with that size fuse had two choices; replace the fuse box and fuses with aftermarket ATC, or buy fuse wire. My Jinmas and my TaiShan used ATCs, but my KAMA used fuse wire, and I don't own any of them anymore. So I have plenty of extra fuse wire if you'd prefer to simply re-wrap your fuses.

//greg//