tractor blowing fuses

/ tractor blowing fuses #11  
Yup, sure ain't a clutch interlock switch anymore. I guess you could call it a "thumb interlock switch" now.

//greg//

/ tractor blowing fuses #12  
I wish these tractors had a neutral switch instead of the clutch switch to make it easier to start while off of the seat. This comes in handy for things like installing the loader etc where the tractor engine needs to be on and off for safety and also hydraulic function.

/ tractor blowing fuses #13  
I wish these tractors had a neutral switch instead of the clutch switch

That's when I temporarily turn the clutch interlock into a thumb interlock. :thumbsup:

/ tractor blowing fuses #14  
I was having the same problem, came to the forums and started researching.....in the end I found the block harness [white harness connector about 2 1/2" wide] beside the fuse box had slipped apart a little and was causing a short/arc? Just something else for a researcher to check out when they are troubleshooting.....;-)

/ tractor blowing fuses #16  
My tractor blows the fuse when trying to start it with heat. But when I start it by turning the key to the left, it starts fine. Should I suspect a shorted glow plug? And if so can I fix the plug?

/ tractor blowing fuses #17  
My tractor blows the fuse when trying to start it with heat. But when I start it by turning the key to the left, it starts fine. Should I suspect a shorted glow plug? And if so can I fix the plug?

It could be the plug or it could be some where else. You can easily isolate the glow plugs, there's a brass bar that connects the glow plugs and the wire is just held on with a thumb screw. Take the wire off, tape the end so it doesn't short against the engine, and see if the fuse still blows turning the key to the right. If not you've isolated the problem to the glow plugs. I would replace all three and call it done. If you still get shorts with the glow plugs disconnected the problem is somewhere in your wiring or key switch.

/ tractor blowing fuses #18  
I'm assuming you're asking about a Rhino tractor. Which engine, and what type of pre-heat, individual glow plugs or a single manifold heater?

Also, your question would get more exposure if you started your own topic rather than attaching your question to this topic.

//greg//