tractor blowing fuses

/ tractor blowing fuses #1  

jinmared

Bronze Member
Tractor
Jinma 354 fwd
I have a 2004 354 Jinma tractor that is blowing the main 30 amp power fuse.
I was using the tractor and everything was running good with no problems. I shut it down for some lunch and when i came back and tried to start it that is when the fuse started to blow. I turn on the switch and the power comes on for lights and gauges but when I go to start mode , pop goes the fuse.
Can anyone help try to diagnose this problem, I suspect a starter solenoid .

Thanks

/ tractor blowing fuses #2  
Check the wires for the clutch safety switch. In the past others have reported the wires getting pinched by the pedal or linkage and shorting out the system. Usually this is due to brush snagging the wires.

Chris

/ tractor blowing fuses #4  
Unless your pre-heat circuit is separately fused, a shorted glow plug will blow that fuse as well. Reason being, there's no way to get to START without turning the key past the HEAT position. Turning the key to the right that is. Some keyswitches have a second START position all the way to the left, a feature which permits you to bypass the pre-heat cycle on an engine that's already warmed up. If the clutch interlock and associated wires are good, and your glow plug circuit is operating satisfactorily, suspect the keyswitch itself.

//greg//

/ tractor blowing fuses #5  
I have the 284 not the 354 but you can start it without heat by turning the switch counterclockwise unless you replaced the switch with an aftermarket. Everytime mine has had problem popping the main fuse it has been the clutch safety switch itself-- its a crappy switch in a bad location and disentegrates inside if improperly adjusted -- easy to check by bridging the connector -- WITH THE TRACTOR OUT OF GEAR!
The fuse usually pops on a dead short so try starting the tractor (out of gear of course) by bridging the solenoid and if it starts, work on the backwards through the rest of the starting circuit.

/ tractor blowing fuses
Thanks to everyone that replied to my problem , The safety switch was the problem. I rewired the switch and installed it in the dashboard next to the ignition switch , works great.
Thanks again

/ tractor blowing fuses #7  
Glad you got it fixed --- Never thought of that solution -- what do you do -- turn it on to start and then immediately turn off? Just curious, not part of the safety police:eek:

/ tractor blowing fuses #8  
studor said:
Glad you got it fixed --- Never thought of that solution -- what do you do -- turn it on to start and then immediately turn off? Just curious, not part of the safety police:eek:

I think he means he used the same switch and starts it by pushing it in with his finger. I believe he is using the oem one.

Chris

/ tractor blowing fuses #9  
I hope he always remembers to either have it in neutral or have the clutch depressed. Could be a real waker-upper. He just defeated the purpose of the switch.

/ tractor blowing fuses #10  
I hope he always remembers to either have it in neutral or have the clutch depressed. Could be a real waker-upper. He just defeated the purpose of the switch.

Proud member of the Safety Police. :laughing: