Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Jinma 354 fwd

Default tractor blowing fuses

I have a 2004 354 Jinma tractor that is blowing the main 30 amp power fuse.
    I was using the tractor and everything was running good with no problems. I shut it down for some lunch and when i came back and tried to start it that is when the fuse started to blow. I turn on the switch and the power comes on for lights and gauges but when I go to start mode , pop goes the fuse.
    Can anyone help try to diagnose this problem, I suspect a starter solenoid .

Thanks

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Check the wires for the clutch safety switch. In the past others have reported the wires getting pinched by the pedal or linkage and shorting out the system. Usually this is due to brush snagging the wires.

Chris

Advertiser
    Platinum Member

Default Re: tractor blowing fuses

Also check the small wire by the starter solenoid,it's going to be a wire grounding out somewhere.

Tommy
    Affordable Tractor Sales
    "Your Jinma Parts Superstore"
    Home of compact Jinma, Foton, and Koyker Tractors and Parts, Wood Chippers, Backhoes - Affordable Tractor Sales Company

Tractor
    JD3720 Cab, 300X loader with 4-in-1 bucket

Unless your pre-heat circuit is separately fused, a shorted glow plug will blow that fuse as well. Reason being, there's no way to get to START without turning the key past the HEAT position. Turning the key to the right that is. Some keyswitches have a second START position all the way to the left, a feature which permits you to bypass the pre-heat cycle on an engine that's already warmed up. If the clutch interlock and associated wires are good, and your glow plug circuit is operating satisfactorily, suspect the keyswitch itself.

//greg//
    USN (Ret)
    Former Chinese tractor owner (x4)
    Current John Deere owner

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Jinma 284(Spirit fel), MF 135 (MF200 fel)

I have the 284 not the 354 but you can start it without heat by turning the switch counterclockwise unless you replaced the switch with an aftermarket. Everytime mine has had problem popping the main fuse it has been the clutch safety switch itself-- its a crappy switch in a bad location and disentegrates inside if improperly adjusted -- easy to check by bridging the connector -- WITH THE TRACTOR OUT OF GEAR!
    The fuse usually pops on a dead short so try starting the tractor (out of gear of course) by bridging the solenoid and if it starts, work on the backwards through the rest of the starting circuit.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Jinma 354 fwd

Thanks to everyone that replied to my problem , The safety switch was the problem. I rewired the switch and installed it in the dashboard next to the ignition switch , works great.
    Thanks again

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Jinma 284(Spirit fel), MF 135 (MF200 fel)

Glad you got it fixed --- Never thought of that solution -- what do you do -- turn it on to start and then immediately turn off? Just curious, not part of the safety police

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Quote Originally Posted by studor
    Glad you got it fixed --- Never thought of that solution -- what do you do -- turn it on to start and then immediately turn off? Just curious, not part of the safety police
    I think he means he used the same switch and starts it by pushing it in with his finger. I believe he is using the oem one.

Chris

Tractor
    Yuchai Bulldozer

I hope he always remembers to either have it in neutral or have the clutch depressed. Could be a real waker-upper. He just defeated the purpose of the switch.
    Yuchai YCT dozer, Mustang 2040 skid steer, Mitsubishi MS035 Mini-Ex, Trimble equipped 7' Dual Dozer, and a LiTW BH7600 back hoe for sale.

Tractor
    Yuchai Bulldozer

I hope he always remembers to either have it in neutral or have the clutch depressed. Could be a real waker-upper. He just defeated the purpose of the switch.

Proud member of the Safety Police.
    Yuchai YCT dozer, Mustang 2040 skid steer, Mitsubishi MS035 Mini-Ex, Trimble equipped 7' Dual Dozer, and a LiTW BH7600 back hoe for sale.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast