Frontend Loader Problem

/ Frontend Loader Problem #1  

Jinma284

Silver Member
Tractor
Jinma 284
I repaired the hydraulic unit that operates the curl on the left side of my Koyker 160 frontend loader. Replaced a bent chrome rod and all the seals. Put it back together, topped off the oil and had no leaks. Used it for about an hour to move some large chunks of tree trunks. Again no problems. Two weeks later I had the loader about 4 foot off the ground while I used the bush hog to mow. After about 30 minutes the bucket started to tilt down. The curl unit was not holding. I had to constantly, about every 15 seconds, return the bucket to the up position. Anyone able to help with suggestions about how to look for what is wrong and how to fix it. Thanks, Pat

/ Frontend Loader Problem #2  
   / Frontend Loader Problem
By "plug off one cylinder at a time" do you mean take off each of the two flexable hoses that go into the hydraulic unit and plug the ends on them? Pat

/ Frontend Loader Problem #4  
The spring center on that spool might be weak, or worn spool.

When you remove the cyl hose, and cap them, be sure to remove the cyl clevis and pin from the loader, so only the one cyl is doing all the work. Check both cyl .

Thanks, I'll try it tomorrow. Pat

Got me two 5/8th's bolts and started to plug the lines, threads on the bolts are too wide. Where can I get bolts with narrower thread. I'v tried Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware and Tractor Supply. Pat

/ Frontend Loader Problem #7  
Got me two 5/8th's bolts and started to plug the lines, threads on the bolts are too wide. Where can I get bolts with narrower thread. I'v tried Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware and Tractor Supply. Pat

Try metric bolts.

/ Frontend Loader Problem #8  
Usually the fittings are metric and are an even number of millimeters, so I would guess 16mm x1.5mm pitch if a 5/8" bolt looks close. The fittings tend to be the face seal type, where there is an o-ring in the face (i.e. the tip) of the male fitting that provides the seal. I think you'd have to put an o-ring in there too to get it to seal.

/ Frontend Loader Problem #10  
Yep, Koyker loaders are JIC. I think its 3/8" hose and a # 6 fitting. If its 1/2" hose it should be a #8 fitting.

Chris