Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Michigan 55A, Foton 254

Default what would have done?

Greetings, Today, I cut a fire break around a good neighbour's place, couple hours. I saw a hydraulic leak up behind the big ram on the back hoe. I was undaunted, I drove out the pin holding the ram, tightened the hydraulic line, drove in the pin, set and the lock. It was time to reinstall the sheet metal over the transmission, I had taken it off to seal a leak between the trans and the gear box in front. I drove out the pins and removed the levers and gear shift knob. Having the sheet metal in place I reinstalled the levers. Using drifts I was able to get the bolts in place. The one thing I couldn't find is the gear shift knob. It was right here. I looked, I called my daughter, she looked. We checked in the tool box, we checked here there and everywhere. I put away the tools, wiping them first. I tried not to think, that it might be under the sheet metal I had just installed. I went inside built a fire and poured a large brandy. If it were you, What would you do?

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    kubota g2460 Kubota L4330

Default Re: what would have done?

drill out a golf ball pour epoxy in slap it on and have another brandy!

Tractor
    Yuchai Bulldozer

Call Tommy and have another brandy.
    Yuchai 306R dozer, Mustang 2040 skid steer, Mitsubishi MS035 Mini-Ex with four buckets and a rake, Trimble equipped 7' Dual Dozer with twin GCR-2 laser receivers, and a LiTW BH7600 back hoe (sold).

Advertiser
    Platinum Member

Good Answer Bob !!!!!

Tommy
    Affordable Tractor Sales
    "Your Jinma Parts Superstore"
    Home of compact Jinma, Foton, and Koyker Tractors and Parts, Wood Chippers, Backhoes - Affordable Tractor Sales Company