Tractor won't move.

/ Tractor won't move. #1  

noble12

Tractor
iron horse
Hi Have a problem with my 224 Iron horse . Moving some dirt and just stopped moving. running goes into gear no grinding ,can start in gear and still won't move. Shut off in gear wheels lock in gear so it must be in gear . But if I put it to creep it will move but hardly.

/ Tractor won't move. #2  
:welcome:
Your clutch has gone, try adjusting it.

/ Tractor won't move. #3  
Yup, shifting to lower gear or range to get it moving is symptomatic of a slipping clutch. Given that dirt work was mentioned, the first thought was a burnt friction disc. But if you didn't notice the smell while you were working, there still might be the possibility of adjusting it back into working condition.

//greg//

/ Tractor won't move.
I'll don't know how but will read more to find out how . Thanks for your quick reply.

/ Tractor won't move.
Didn't smell or here anything.

/ Tractor won't move. #6  
Ok, basically you have to study on the clutchpack diagram in the operator manual. There are three basic adjustments, which should be done in the correct sequence. If you don't have the books yourself, you should get some. But I'm pretty sure the Iron Horse is a rebadged Jinma. So the diagram and sequential instructions are also listed here a number of times in the Chinese tractor forum. Assuming you have a two state clutch, search for JM254 clutch adjustment. It's likely the same clutchpack as in your IHT.

//greg//

/ Tractor won't move. #7  
IF you have a front end loader, it's frame is most likely mounted over the clutch access holes, so the loader sub frame needs to be moved to access the clutch adjusters...

Good luck.

/ Tractor won't move.
Thanks I'll try to take the loader this weekend and look at Manuel let every know

/ Tractor won't move. #10  
You may not have to remove your loader, sometimes you can just drop the part that covers the inspection holes.